Arvind Kejriwal Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
A special cleanliness drive, Swachh Delhi Abhiyan has been launched in the national capital Delhi to remove debris and garbage lying in various localities.
The drive was launched by Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu and shall continue in New Delhi till the end November 2015 month.
- Launched as part of Union Government’s flagship Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- It is being undertaken up by the Union Government, Delhi government and all the three Municipal Corporations of Delhi.
- Under the campaign, 3 municipal bodies in Delhi will clear the garbage and the concrete waste will be lifted by the Public Works Department (PWD) of Delhi government.
- Earlier, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had launched a special mobile application to give a push to the drive.
- Using this app and appilication people can send photographs of debris and garbage lying in their areas so that the concerned agencies could take steps to remove them.
Tags: Arvind Kejriwal • Current Affairs 2016 • Delhi • Government initiative • Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
Arvind Kejriwal was sworn-in as 8th Chief Minister of Delhi.
Lieutenant Governor of Delhi Najeeb Jung administered the oath of office and secrecy to him at oath taking ceremony held at Ramlila Maidan, Delhi.
Along with Arvind Kejriwal following 6 Cabinet Ministers were sworn in
- Manish Sisodia, Asim Ahmed Khan, Sandeep Kumar, Satyendar Jain, Gopal Rai and Jitender Singh Tomar.
Earlier, President Pranab Mukherjee had appointed Arvind Kejriwal as Chief Minister of Delhi and 6 Ministers of his govenment as per provisions of Article 239AA of Constitution.
With these appointments, President revoked the President’s rule in Delhi which was imposed in February 2014 under Article 239AB of the Constitution .
In 2015 Delhi Assembly elections, AAP staged a historic victory by sweeping 67 of the 70 seats. This will be Arvind Kejriwal‘s second term as Delhi Chief Minister. Earlier in February 2014, he had resigned after running a 49-day government with the support of Congress.
About Arvind Kejriwal
- He was born on 16 August 1968 in Siwani, Haryana.
- Education: Graduated in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Kharagpur.
- He had worked for the Indian Revenue Service (IRS) as a Joint Commissioner in the Income Tax Department.
- He was instrumental in drafting a proposed Jan Lokpal Bill and his efforts to bring and implement the Right to Information (RTI) Act at grassroots level.
- In 2012, he had launched Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) which ousted the Shiela Dixit’s regime of Congress after winning 2013 Assembly polls.
- He is second youngest Chief Minister of Delhi. Chaudhry Brahm Prakash was the youngest Chief Minsiter at 34 when he took over in 1952.
- In 2006 he was awarded Ramon Magsaysay Award for Emergent Leadership.
Tags: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) • Article 239AA • Article 239AB • Arvind Kejriwal • Current Affairs 2016