Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis, ISRO chairman A S Kiran Kumar , UK-based scholar John Ralston Marr and Hari Katha exponent Kamala Murthy have been selected for SIES-Sri Chandrasekarendra Saraswati National Eminence Award. They will be presented awards in different categories.
- ISRO chairman A S Kiran Kumar will be presented award for Science & Technology category.
- Mahrashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis will be presented award for Public Leadership.
- Hari Katha exponent Kamala Murthy presented in with this award in Social Thinkers, Philosophers and Pravachana Karthas category.
- John Marr will be felicitated for his work in the International category. He is a scholar in Sanskrit, Tamil and Telugu. He has been teaching Carnatic music theory for 30 years in England.
About SIES-Sri Chandrasekarendra Saraswati National Eminence Award
- The awards were instituted by South Indian Education Society (SIES) in 1998 in memory of the late Seer of Kanchi Sri Chandrasekarendra Saraswati who passed away at the age of 100 in 1994.
- It is presented in four different categories viz. Science & Technology category, Public Leadership, Social Thinkers, Philosophers and Pravachana Karthas category and the International category.
- Each award carries a cash prize of Rs 2.5 lakh, a citation, a shawl and an ornamental lamp.
- Some of previous recipients are Shankar Dayal Sharma, A P J Abdul Kalam, R Chidambaram, Jayant Narlikar, Anil Kakodkar, Somnath Chatterjee, M S Subbulakshmi, Verghese Kurien, Dilip Kumar and Amitabh Bachchan.