ASI Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The ‘Azaadi ke Diwane’ museum dedicated to the unsung heroes of the country’s freedom struggle was inaugurated at the Red Fort premises.
Azaadi ke Diwane Museum
- The Museum is built by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI).
- The Museum pays homage to hundreds of freedom fighters who do not find mention in popular culture.
- The Museum has attempted to document these unsung hero’s contributions to India’s Freedom Struggle.
- The Museum pays tribute to the selfless sacrifices of the revolutionaries, brave women freedom fighters and valiant children.
- The Museum is part of Kranti Mandir Series to inspire the younger generation and to let them know the cost of freedom that the great fighters achieved by sacrificing their lives.
- Azaadi ke Diwane is a digitised and interactive museum with a state-of-the-art, informative and educational exhibition allowing the visitors to engage with the exhibits through multi-sensor technology.
Kranti Mandir Series
Kranti Mandir is India’s tribute to the revolutionary zeal and courage of the great freedom fighters. Other Museums which are part of the Kranti Mandir series are Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Museum, Yaad-e-Jallian Museum and Museum on 1857- India’s first war of Independence were inaugurated by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the eve of Republic Day.
Tags: Archaeological Survey of India • ASI • Azaadi ke Diwane Museum • Freedom Struggle • Kranti Mandir Series • Museum on 1857- India’s first war of Independence • Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Museum • Red Fort • Yaad-e-Jallian Museum
The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has declared 6 monuments as Monuments of national importance in 2018.
Monuments of national importance declared in 2018
The six monuments declared as Monuments as Monuments of national importance in 2018 are:
- Old High Court Building in Nagpur, Maharashtra
- Haveli of Agha Khan in Agra
- Haveli of Hathi Khana in Agra
- Neemrana Baori in Rajasthan’s Alwar district
- Group of Temples at Ranipur Jharail in Odisha’s Bolangir district
- Vishnu Temple in Kotali, Pithoragarh district, Uttarkhand.
Criterion for the declaration of Monument of National Importance
The Archaeological Survey of India declares a site as Monument of National importance based on the following criterion:
- The remains of an ancient monument
- The site of an ancient monument
- The land on which there are fences or protective covering structures for preserving the monument
- Land by means of which people can freely access the monument
What is an Ancient Monument?
The Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains Act, 1958 defines Ancient Monument as any structure, erection or monument, or any tumulus or place of interment, or any cave, rock-sculpture, inscription or monolith which is of historical, archaeological or artistic interest and which has been in existence for not less than 100 years.
Tags: ASI • Group of Temples at Ranipur Jharail in Odisha's Bolangir district • Haveli of Agha Khan in Agra • Haveli of Hathi Khana in Agra • Monuments of national importance • Neemrana Baori in Rajasthan's Alwar district • Old High Court Building in Nagpur • Vishnu Temple in Kotali Pithoragarh district