ASI Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Technology giant Google has tied up with Archaelogical Survey of India (ASI) for 360 degree virtual tour of 280-odd monuments across the country.
ASI has given its permission to Google for creating the virtual tour of the monuments which would be available in the Google maps.
Some of the major monuments are Taj Mahal, Victoria Memorial and the ruins of Hampi. Of the total 280 monuments 30 are in West Bengal and eight are from Kolkata.
About Archaeological Survey of India (ASI)
- The ASI is the premier organization for the archaeological researches and protection of the cultural heritage of the country.
- The prime objection of ASI is to maintain the archaeological sites, ancient monuments and remains of national importance.
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Established: 1861 by Alexander Cunningham.
- It regulates all archaeological activities as per the provisions of the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains Act, 1958.
- It functions under the aegis of the Union Ministry of Culture. It also regulates Antiquities and Art Treasure Act, 1972.
Tags: ASI • Google • Monuments • National • Tourism
Union Government has launched ‘Swachh Parayatan’ mobile application to keep tourist places clean.
It was launched by Union Minister of State (MoS) for Tourism, Culture and Civil Aviation Mahesh Sharma in New Delhi.
- The project is being implemented by the Union Ministry of Tourism through Delhi eGovernance Society (DeGS) and National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- Initially the application facility will be available for 25 Adarsh Smarak Monuments protected by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI).
- The mobile app will be monitored by the project monitoring unit of Swachh Bharat Mission in the Union Ministry of Tourism.
- This mobile app will enable citizens, tourists to take photograph of garbage seen at the monument and upload it on the app along with his or her remarks.
- On uploading images and remarks in the app, it will send an SMS to the ASI Nodal Officer concerned with the monument to take further action to clean the garbage.
- Thereafter, the Nodal Officer will send confirmation about the redressal of the complaint through an SMS.
- Initially this application will be available only on Android Phones and later it will be made available on Apple and Microsoft platforms.
Tags: ASI • Governance • Monuments • Swachh Bharat Mission • Tourism