Assam Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union government has approved the proposal for the Guwahati metro rail proposal. The Centre has sanctioned Rs. 25 crore for performing feasibility studies for the proposed project. The project, to be carried out in three phases and covering a total distance of 65 km, is estimated to cost Rs.14,000 crore.
The Union government has decided to construct 51 new low-cost airports to provide fillip to civil aviation sector and enhance air connectivity to Tier-II and Tier-III cities. Apart from the low-cost airports, the government has decided grant new international airport status to Bhubaneswar and Imphal at a cost of Rs 20,000 crore.
The 51 cities which have been chosen for the project are:
Andhra Pradesh: Vijayawada, Nellore, Kurnool, Kadapa, Nizamabad, Tirupati, Anantapur and Karimnagar
- Jharkhand: Dhanbad, Bokaro and Hazaribagh
- Bihar: Muzaffarpur, Chapra and Sasaram
- Punjab: Ludhiana, Jalandhar and Firozpur
- Uttar Pradesh: Agra, Allahabad, Moradabad, Saharanpur, Meerut, Aligarh, Bijnor, Muzaffarnagar and Azamgarh
- Arunachal Pradesh: Tezu, Bomdila and Along
- Assam: Silchar, Jorhat and Tezpur
- Madhya Pradesh: Gwalior, Singrauli, Burhanpur, Khandwa, Jabalpur, Sidhi and Shahdol
- Rajasthan: Ajmer, Kota, Bhilwada and Alwar
- Maharashtra: Kolhapur, Nasik, Jalgaon, Solapur and Amarawati
- Odisha: Brahmpur, Rourkela and Kendujhar