Association of Malayalam Movie Artists (AMMA) Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Veteran Malayalam actor Mala Aravindan has passed away in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. He was 76.
He was best known for his work as a comedian, character artist in Malayalam films and was also noted theatre personality. He was also the president of the Association of Malayalam Movie Artists (AMMA).
About Mala Aravindan
- He was born in 1941 at Vadavucode in Ernakulam, Kerala.
- Career: He had started his career as a tabla artist with the vibrant travelling professional theatre groups.
- He began his acting career in the plays of National Theatres, Kottayam, and later associated with theatre groups such as Natakasala and Suryasoma.
- His made debut as actor in 1968 by acting in film Sindhooram, directed by Balakrishnan. Since then he has acted in over 400 films.
- Awards: He has won the Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Akademi’s award for the best actor for his role in Sooryasoma’s play Nidhi.