Atal Innovation Mission Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog has launched Mentor India Campaign, a strategic nation building initiative to engage leaders for guiding and mentoring students at Atal Tinkering Labs.
The Mentor India Campaign aims at maximising the impact of Atal Tinkering Labs by engaging leaders who will nurture and guide students in the Atal Tinkering Labs.
Under this initiative, NITI Aayog is looking for leaders who can spend one to two hours every week in one or more such labs to enable students learn, experience and practice future skills such as design and computational thinking.
Atal Tinkering Labs
More than 900 Atal Tinkering Labs have been established across the country as a part of the Atal Innovation Mission. These labs are meant to be non-prescriptive by nature, and mentors are expected to be enablers rather than instructors. They are dedicated works spaces where students from Class 6th to Class 12th learn innovation skills and develop ideas that will go on to transform India.
Atal Innovation Mission
NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission is among one of the flagship programs of the Government to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the country and to set up the Atal Tinkering Labs across the country. It aims to give substantial boost to the innovation ecosystem and to catalyze the entrepreneurial spirit in the country.
It prime objective is to provide an innovation promotion platform involving academics, researchers and entrepreneurs, drawing upon national and international experiences to foster a culture of innovation in India. It will also promote a network of world-class innovation hubs, Start-up businesses and other selfemployment activities, particularly in technology driven areas.
NITI Aayog is the premier policy ‘Think Tank’ of the Union Government, providing both directional and policy inputs. It is essentially an advisory body that seeks to provide critical directional and strategic inputs across spectrum of key elements of policy to the centre.
Tags: Atal Innovation Mission • Atal Tinkering Labs • Government Schemes • Innovation • Mentor India Campaign
The NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog has signed Statement of Intent (SoI) with tech giant Intel India to set up Atal Tinkering laboratories (ATL) under the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM).
The aim of Atal Tinkering laboratories is to cultivate adaptive learning and innovation skills among young minds in the country.
- Initially 10 laboratories will be established as part of total 500 laboratories. Intel India, subsidiary of US technology company Intel will invest $15 million for building and managing these 500 ATLs.
- These labs will foster young minds in adaptive learning, physical computing and developing a design mindset among students.
- They will also build relevant sets of skills among young minds and provide them access to technology that will enable solutions.
- These labs intend to impart innovation skills and skills for the future to the 2.50 lakh youths across 500 communities and schools.
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
- AIM is a flagship Innovation Promotion Platform of NITI Aayog, the think tank of Union Government for promotion of innovation and entrepreneurship in India.
- It involves academics, entrepreneurs and researchers from national and international levels to foster a culture of innovation, R&D and scientific research in India.
Tags: Atal Innovation Mission • Intel • National • Niti Aayog • Skill development