Atal Innovation Mission Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog has signed Statement of Intent (SoI) with tech giant Intel India to set up Atal Tinkering laboratories (ATL) under the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM).
The aim of Atal Tinkering laboratories is to cultivate adaptive learning and innovation skills among young minds in the country.
- Initially 10 laboratories will be established as part of total 500 laboratories. Intel India, subsidiary of US technology company Intel will invest $15 million for building and managing these 500 ATLs.
- These labs will foster young minds in adaptive learning, physical computing and developing a design mindset among students.
- They will also build relevant sets of skills among young minds and provide them access to technology that will enable solutions.
- These labs intend to impart innovation skills and skills for the future to the 2.50 lakh youths across 500 communities and schools.
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
- AIM is a flagship Innovation Promotion Platform of NITI Aayog, the think tank of Union Government for promotion of innovation and entrepreneurship in India.
- It involves academics, entrepreneurs and researchers from national and international levels to foster a culture of innovation, R&D and scientific research in India.
Tags: Atal Innovation Mission • Intel • National • Niti Aayog • Skill development
The Union Cabinet as given its approval for establishment of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Self Employment and Talent Utilisation (SETU) in NITI Aayog.
This move seeks to give substantial boost to the innovation ecosystem and to catalyse the entrepreneurial spirit in the country.
- AIM and AIM Directorate will be established that will help in implementation of mission activities in a focussed manner. Its headquarters will be in New Delhi.
- Its headquarters will be in New Delhi. NITI Aayog will hire Mission Director and other appropriate manpower.
- Mission High Level Committee (MHLC) will guide the Mission. It will take all decisions related to approval of requisite guidelines and implementation of various elements of AIM and SETU.
- Union Finance Minister in his Budget Speech 2015-16 had announced the Government’s intention to establish the AIM and a mechanism to be known as SETU in NITI Aayog.
- To follow up this announcement NITI Aayog had constituted an Expert Committee on Innovation and Entrepreneurship under the Chairmanship of Prof. Tarun Khanna.
- The Committee had made wide ranging recommendations for the short-term, medium-term and long-term period in its report.
- In its recommendations the Committee also had emphasized the need to establish clear systems to monitor implementation, execution, and impact.
Tags: Atal Innovation Mission • Cabinet Decisions • Government Schemes • Niti Aayog • Self Employment and Talent Utilisation