Australia Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The mega celebration of Cricket, Indian Premier League (IPL) witnessed its first ever Mankading in its history in the match of Kings XI Punjab and Rajasthan Royals. Rajasthan Royals opener Jos Buttler became the first victim of ‘Mankading’ in the history of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Kings XI Punjab skipper Ravichandran Ashwin dismissed the Rajasthan Royals opener Jos Buttler through mankading.
What is Mankading?
Mankading is a kind of dismissal witnessed in the game of cricket. Mankading is the situation where a bowler run out a non-striker by hitting the bails before bowling when the non-striker is outside the crease, with no warning.
Even though it is a legal way of dismissing the batsmen, it is considered as unethical and against the spirit of the game.
Why does the name Mankading?
The name Mankading is derived due to the fact that for the first time Indian bowler Vinoo Mankad had dismissed Bill Brown of Australia, by removing the bails when the latter was away from the crease during India’s tour of Australia in 1947. Hence the dismissal is named after the Indian Cricketer Vinoo Mankad.
Third Installment of the Joint Naval Exercise of India and Australia AUSINDEX will be held off the coast of Vishakhapatnam from April 2 to 16. The joint exercise will focus on anti-submarine warfare, as part of efforts to ramp up bilateral naval cooperation in the strategic Indian Ocean region.
- AUSINDEX 2019 will be held off the coast of Vishakhapatnam from April 2 to 16.
- From the Australian side, HMAS Canberra (landing helicopter dock), Auxiliary Oiler Replenishment vessel, two frigates — HMAS Newcastle and HMAS Parramatta and P8I and P8 maritime patrol aircraft will be involved in the exercise.
- A Kilo-class submarine, land-based Hawk aircraft that will provide the air attack element for the exercise, a Kamorta class anti-submarine vessel, besides a stealth destroyer will lead the Indian deployment for the exercise.
- The exercise will feature the deployment of Australian personnel on Indian ships and vice versa.
- The area of the exercise will be within 200 miles of Vishakhapatnam.
AUSINDEX 2019 will also witness the largest ever deployment of an Australian defence group to India, over 1000 Australian defence personnel will take part. To further strengthen the defence cooperation between India and Australia, Australia has also proposed logistics sharing pact with India.