Authors Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The British writer, Kate Atkinson has won the 2015 Costa novel award for her novel “A God in Ruins”, the companion her previous novel to ‘Life After Life’.
With this, she became the first British author to receive a Costa prize three times. Earlier she had won it for Life After Life (2013) and Behind the Scenes at the Museum (1995).
Other winners of 2015 Costa Book Awards
- Costa biography award: Andrea Wulf for ‘The Invention of Nature: The Adventures of Alexander Von Humboldt, The Lost Hero of Science’.
- Costa children’s book award: Frances Hardinge for ‘The Lie Tree’.
- Costa Poetry Award: Don Paterson for ‘40 Sonnets’.
- Costa First Novel Award: Andrew Michael Hurley for ‘The Loney’.
About Costa Book Awards
- The Costa Book Awards are a set of annual literary awards recognising English-language books by writers based in Britain and Ireland.
- It was established in 1971 as the Whitbread Book Awards. Later in 2006 it was renamed as Costa Book Awards.
- The awards are given both for high literary merit but also for works that are enjoyable reading in five book award categories viz. (i) Novel (ii) First novel (iii) Children’s book (iv) Poetry (v) Biography.