Automobile Sector Current Affairs - 2020
Automobile manufacturer Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd (M&M) has introduced DiGiSENSE, a cloud based technology solution to track vehicle information in real time.
With this, Mahindra has become the first OEM (original equipment manufacturer) in India to integrate its product line-up onto a cloud-based technology platform.
- DiGiSENSE by its digital-enabled sensing connects Mahindra range of pick up vehicles, tractors, trucks and construction equipment to the cloud.
- It will enable vehicle owners to have complete information on the location and usage their assets round-the-clock on their mobile phones.
- This inbuilt technology solution has been jointly developed in India in association with Tech Mahindra, Bosch India and Vodafone.
- DiGiSENSE allows vehicle owner to monitor the performance and location of vehicles, including the quantity of fuel used by the vehicles on real time basis.
- The key features include delivery tracking and route planning, vehicle utilisation reports, trip optimisation, alerts and machine hour operations and geo-fencing to prevent unauthorised use of the asset and theft.
Tags: Automobile Sector • Business • Science and Technology
Japanese automaker Toyota Motor Corp. has topped in global vehicle sales in 2015 by selling 10.151 million vehicles, beating Volkswagen and General Motors.
With this, the company has retained its status as the world’s top-selling automaker for the fourth straight year.
While, German automaker Volkswagen AG is ranks second in global vehicle sales list and has sold 9.93 million vehicles in year 2015. Detroit-based General Motors (GM) ranks third in the list and has sold at 9.8 million vehicles.
In 2008, Toyota had broken GM’s 7 decades of long reign as the world’s top automaker. But it had lost it in 2011 as Japan’s devastating earthquake-tsunami disaster that had dented its production and disrupted the supply chains. However, in 2012 Toyota once again overtook GM and since then it has remained on top position,