Award Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Government has announced to confer the Prime Minister’s Shram Awards 2017 to 40 workers across country. These awardees have been selected among the workers of Departmental Undertakings & Central and State Government PSUs and Private Sector companies having 500 or more workers.
About Prime Minister Shram Awards 2017:
- This year, no one was awarded the prestigious Shram Ratna Award.
- Three nominations were chosen for the Shram Bhushan Award which carries a cash prize of Rs. 1,00,000/- and a ‘Sanad’. Smt. Myneni Sharada from BEL, Shri B.B.V. Prasada Rao from Naval Dockyard and Sh. Sudip Pachhal from Tata Steels have been selected under this category.
- Twelve nominations were selected for the Shram Vir/Shram Veerangana which carries a cash prize of Rs. 60,000/- and a ‘Sanad’.
- Sixteen nominations have conferred the Shram Shree/Shram Devi Awards which carries a cash prize of Rs. 40,000/- and a ‘Sanad’.
- 23 awardees are from the public sector and 17 awardees from the private sector.
The Prime Minister Shram Awards seeks to recognise the distinguished performances and innovative abilities shown by the workers. Also, these awards honour their outstanding contribution in the field of productivity and exhibition of exceptional courage and presence of mind.
‘Nagaland is changing, But…’ film has won the Golden Beaver Best Film Award in the institutional category at the 6th National Science Film Festival held in Mumbai.
It also has received the technical excellence award for best sound design at the festival.
The film is based on conservation efforts by villagers and has been directed by Gurmeet Sapal. It has been produced by Nagaland State Forest Department and was made with the technical collaboration with TERI, New Delhi.
The film is based on community conservation areas of Sendenyu village in Kohima district and Sukhai village in Zunheboto district of Nagaland.
The 6th National Science Film Festival was organized by Vigyan Prasar of the Department of Science and Technology.