Ayushman Bharat Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Pradhan Mantri – Jan Arogya Yojana (PM JAY) is a scheme of the government under Ayushman Bharat to reduce the financial burden on poor and vulnerable groups arising out of catastrophic hospital episodes and ensure their access to quality health services.
Implementation of PM JAY
The following steps have been undertaken for the effective implementation of the PM JAY:
- The State Governments have been given the flexibility to implement PM JAY either through insurance companies, or directly through trust/society, or in a mixed mode.
- National Health Agency (NHA) has been set up by the Government to implement PM JAY through State level Health Agencies.
- A robust IT system has been put in place for effective implementation of the Scheme.
- Central Grievance Redressal Management System has been set up for receiving grievances. A system has been put in place to acknowledge, record, escalate & resolve grievances as per well-defined process through a three-tier grievance redressal structure.
- A multi-prong approach has been adopted by putting in place a fraud control mechanism.
PM-JAY scheme would provide poor, deprived rural families and identified occupational categories of urban workers’ families as per the latest Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) data (approx. 50 crore beneficiaries) with health benefit cover of Rs Five Lakhs per family per year at free of cost. The health benefits under the scheme include more than 1,350 medical packages covering surgery, medical and daycare treatments, cost of medicines and diagnostics.
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated and laid the Foundation Stone for several development projects at Silvassa in Dadra and Nagar Haveli. The projects include:
- Foundation Stone of Medical College in Sayli, Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
- Unveiling of IT policy for Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
- Launching of M-Aarogya mobile app.
- Launching of the door to door waste collection, segregation and processing of Solid Waste in Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
- Distribution of Gold cards to beneficiaries of Ayushman Bharat.
- Distribution Van Adhikar Patra to the beneficiaries.
M-Aarogya mobile app
M-Aarogya mobile app is introduced by the Directorate of Medical and Health Services, Dadra and Nagar Haveli to cater a better healthcare experience to citizens. The app intends to improve and enhance patient engagement through the new mobile app.
The M-Aarogya mobile app is a one-stop centre to vail various services like Booking appointments, Accessing past health records, Program & schemes, Upcoming camp and event, Feedback & Grievance, Government health facilities details, Add your family members, IEC, Get Emergency Help etc.
Dadra and Nagar Haveli
Dadra and Nagar Haveli is a union territory wedged between the states of Maharashtra and Gujarat. The two regions Dadra and Nagar Haveli lie on the West coast, at the mouth of the Daman Ganga River. Both are separated from each other by a few kilometers.
After prolonged skirmishes, the Maratha Government had assigned few villages to the Portuguese as compensation to ensure their friendship. Portuguese ruled this region till their liberation in 1954. After the liberation, Dadra and Nagar Haveli by people, between 1954-1961 the territory functioned almost independently as “Free Dadra and Nagar Haveli Administration”.
It was merged with Union of India in 1961. Since then it is administered as Union Territory to preserve its distinct rich culture and heritage.