Ayushman Bharat Current Affairs - 2020
The Labor Ministry is celebrating pension week from November 30, 2019 to December 6, 2019 in order to increase enrolments under National Pension Scheme (NPS) for traders and Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan (PM-SYM). The aim of the celebration is to enroll 1 crore beneficiaries under PMSYM and 50 lakh beneficiaries under NPS-traders.
The observation of the week was inaugurated by the Minister of State for Labour and Employment Shri Santosh Gangwar. As a part of the celebration, awareness campaigns are to be organized among 10 crore Ayushman beneficiaries, 40 lakh Anganwadi workers during the initial days. The campaigns will explain the pension schemes being offered by the Government of India and their benefits and importance. The campaign will also include 2.5 crore Self Help Group members, 4 to 5 crore building and other construction workers and 10 lakh ASHA workers.
In order increase enrollments the monthly contribution of the scheme has been kept at the lowest level ranging from Rs 55 to 200 per month. When a person joins a pension scheme he enjoys tax deduction up to 10% of basic salary. The schemes are designed in such a way that after retirement the person can fulfil his basic needs with a minimal monthly amount, say Rs 6000.
Tags: ASHA • Ayushman Bharat • family pension • Ministry of Labour and Employment • National Pension Scheme
The 13th Conference of Central Council of Health and Family Welfare was inaugurated by the Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare. The conference is to be held for one and half days on various issues in seven sessions.
About the Conference
The purpose of the conference is to build a consensus on National wealth priorities. It includes Universal Health Coverage through various flagship programs like Ayushman Bharat, National Control of Tuberculosis Program, National Nutrition Mission, etc. The conference also aims to promote steps towards the target of National Health Policy 2017, that is, to allocate 2.5% of GDP to health by 2025.
- The conference is to be conducted on 4 pillars of healthcare namely
- Universal Health Coverage
- Mission mode interventions
- Quality and accessible affordable healthcare services
- Adequate Infrastructure
- At the inaugural function the Union Health Minister Dr Harsha Varshan released the following reports
- National Diabetes and Diabetic Retinopathy Survey India (2015 – 19)
- Report on National Diabetes and Diabetic Retinopathy survey India (2015 – 19)
- The minister also unveiled leaflets on Suicide Prevention marking the World Mental Health Day
- The following guidelines were released
- Guidelines on Drugs and Diagnostic Service Initiative
- Guidelines for Biomedical Equipment Management and Maintenance Program
- Guidelines for Peritoneal Dialysis under Pradhan Mantri National Dialysis Program.
- SUMAN – Surakshit Matritva Aashwasam – A new initiative for zero preventable maternal and new born deaths was launched.
Issues included in the agenda of the conference
- Strengthening National Health Mission
- Control programs for TB, Vector Borne diseases, Leprosy, Viral Hepatitis
- National AIDS program
- Reproductive health
- Cardio – vascular diseases, Non – communicable diseases
- Regulation in medical education
- National Organ Transplant program
- Clinical establishment acts