Ayushmann Bharat Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Ayushman Bharat scheme has two sub-components:
- PM JAY- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana which is a health insurance scheme for 10.74 crore families identified through SECC database.
- Health and Wellness Centres: Delivery of the comprehensive Primary health care through Health and Wellness centres covering prevention, promotion and ambulatory care at the primary level.
Ayushman Bharat – Health and Wellness Centres
To expand access to Comprehensive Primary Health Care (CPHC), Health and Wellness Centres (HWCs), Sub Health Centres (SHCs) and Primary Health Centres (PHCs) are being strengthened as Health and Wellness Centres (HWCs) under the Ayushmann Bharat Scheme.
These Health and Wellness Centres aim to provide preventive, promotive, rehabilitative and curative care for an expanded range of services encompassing reproductive and child health services, communicable diseases, non-communicable diseases, palliative care and elderly care, oral health, ENT care, and basic emergency care.
The Health and Wellness centres provide comprehensive primary health care through:
- Expended Service Delivery.
- Continuum of Care – Telehealth/ Referral.
- Expanding HR- MLHP & Multiskilling.
- Medicines & Expanding Diagnostics.
- Community Mobilisation and Health Promotion.
- Robust IT System.
- Partnership for Knowledge & Implementation.
- Financing/ Provider Payment Reforms.
The services in HWCs will be provided through a Mid-level Health Care Provider (MLHP)/Community Health Officer (CHO) who is required to undergo a Certificate in Community Health through IGNOU or public university.