Babur Missile Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Pakistan Navy successfully test fired indigenously developed Submarine Launched version of Cruise Missile (SLCM) BABUR. The missile was fired from an underwater dynamic platform, which successfully hit its target with sharp accuracy. The missile also met all its flight parameters.
This is only the second time that Pakistan has announced a test of the submarine launched Babur-III missile, with the first test being conducted in January 2017.
SLCM BABUR has a range of 450 KMs and is capable of delivering various types of payloads and incorporates state of the art technologies including underwater controlled propulsion, advanced guidance and navigation features.
Pakistan Army has successfully test fired an enhanced version of an indigenously-designed Babur cruise missile.
The missile incorporates advanced aerodynamics and avionics that can strike targets both at land and sea with high accuracy.
About Babur Missile
- The missile has been named after the first Moghal emperor. It is a low flying, terrain hugging cruise missile.
- It is part of Babur Weapon System version-2 which is an important force multiplier for Pakistan’s strategic defence.
- It is an enhanced version of earlier missile. It carries certain stealth features and is capable of carrying various types of warheads
- Range: It can hit targets located at 700 km with all kinds of warheads. Thus, it brings many Indian cities within its range.
- Features: It is equipped with state-of-the-art navigational technologies of Terrain Contour Matching (TERCOM) and all time Digital Scene Matching & Area Co-relation (DSMAC).
- It enables the missile to engage various types of targets with pinpoint accuracy even in the absence of GPS navigation.