Banaras Hindu University Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) rankings have been released by the Ministry of Human Resource Development. The rankings list the best institutions and universities of India.
The NIRF ranking framework instituted in 2016 evaluates institutions on five broad generic groups of parameters, including Teaching, Learning and Resources, Research and Professional Practice, Graduation Outcomes, Outreach and Inclusivity and Perception.
Ranking of the Institutions
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras has topped the overall rankings of higher education institutions and is followed by IISc Bangalore and IIT-Delhi ranked second and third in the overall rankings.
- In the 2018 rankings, IISc Bangalore had topped the overall rankings.
- Of top 10 institutes in the overall ranking, seven are IITs.
- In the University Category, IISc Bangalore has been ranked one followed by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) and the Banaras Hindu University (BHU).
- Miranda House of the Delhi University has topped the college’s rankings followed by Hindu College in Delhi and the Presidency College in Chennai.
- In the Engineering institutions category IIT-Madras topped the ranking followed by Delhi and Eight of the top 10 engineering institutions are IITs.
- In the category of Management Institutions, top six ranks have been retained by Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs). IIM Bangalore (IIM-B) has bagged the top spot. IIM Ahmedabad (IIM-A) bagged the second spot and IIM Calcutta is on the third spot.
- Jamia Hamdard has been announced as the top varsity for Pharmacy.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) has been adjudged as the best medical college.
- National Law School of India University, Bengaluru, have been adjudged as the best medical college law school.
A total of 3,127 institutions participated in the ranking process under overall rankings, category-specific and domain-specific ranking and 4,867 applications for rankings were made by the total applicant institutions under various categories and domains.
Tags: AIIMS • All India Institute of Medical Sciences • Banaras Hindu University • BHU • Delhi University • Hindu College • IIM • IIM Ahmedabad • IIM Bangalore • IIM Calcutta • IISc Bangalore • IIT • IIT Delhi • IIT Madras • Indian Institute of Technology • Indian Institutes of Management • Jamia Hamdard • Jawaharlal Nehru University • JNU • Ministry of Human Resource Development • Miranda House • National Institutional Ranking Framework • National Law School of India University • NIRF • Presidency College
The London-based Times Higher Education (THE), a global organisation that produces data, analysis and expertise on higher education has released the Emerging Economies University Rankings 2019. The 2019 ranking comprises of 450 universities from 43 countries, across four continents.
The rankings use 13 performance indicators to provide comprehensive and balanced comparisons to reflect the characteristics of the emerging economy universities.
These 13 performance indicators are grouped under 5 categories: Teaching (the learning environment); Research (volume, income and reputation); citations (research influence); International outlook (staff, students and research); and industry income (knowledge transfer).
Findings in the Rankings
The standings of Indian universities in the rankings are as outlined below:
- The Indian Institute of Science has topped the rankings among Indian institutes with 14th rank; the second spot among Indian Institutes was occupied by the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay with 27th rank.
- IIT Roorkee has moved up by 21 places to 35th rank due to improvements in its research (volume, income and reputation) and industry income (knowledge transfer).
- IIT Indore (61st) and the JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research are at joint 64th position.
- Savitribai Phule Pune University has moved up by 87 positions to joint 93rd, alongside the National Autonomous University of Mexico. The increase in the rankings of Savitribai Phule Pune University is attributed to its research score and a significant rise to its citations score.
- Banaras Hindu University, Amrita University, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune and IIT Hyderabad also features among the top 150 in the rankings.
The Universities of Mainland China are most represented in the rankings with 72 institutions in total.
Tags: Amrita University • Banaras Hindu University • Emerging Economies University Rankings 2019 • IIT Hyderabad • IIT Indore • IIT Roorkee • Indian Institute of Science • Indian Institute of Science Education and Research • Indian Institute of Technology Bombay • JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research • Savitribai Phule Pune University • Times Higher Education