Barack Obama Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
United States (US) President Barack Obama has nominated Sanjita Pradhan, an IIT alumnus to his advisory commission on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs).
Sanjita Pradhan is a Nepali American. She holds an MBA from the Indian Institute of Technology.
Presently, she is serving as an Executive Officer of the Office of Asian and Pacific Islander Affairs at the Iowa Department of Human Rights. She was appointed to this position in 2013.
Earlier she had served as Resettlement Director at Catholic Charities of Des Moines, Iowa from 2010 to 2013.
Prior to this, she was Employment Coordinator of Lutheran Services of Iowa’s Refugee Cooperative Services from 2009 to 2010.
Pradhan also has served on the Advisory Board for the Ethnic Minorities of Burma Advocacy and Resource Center and was Marketing Coordinator at Principal Financial Group from 2007 to 2008.
Tags: Barack Obama • Current Affairs 2016 • IIT • United States
US President Barack Obama has become the first American President to be Chief Guest on Republic Day celebrations.
He is also the first American President to visit India twice (earlier he had visited India in November 2010).
Key highlights of 66th Republic Day celebrations
- In this Parade, US President witnessed India’s military might and cultural diversity. This year’s parade was more based on cultural diversity rather than showing on military might.
- For the parade, Barack Obama arrived in his own vehicle named cadillac one (The Beast) and not with President Pranab Mukherjee. Thus, breaking the traditional practice, as the Chief Guest usually comes to the venue with the President, the Head of the State.
- Several States displayed tableaux depicting their local flavor and traditions.
- While, some Union government departments displayed tableaux related to government initiatives like Make in India and ‘save the girl child.
- For first time in history, all women contingents of the three services Army, Navy and Air Force marched in the parade.
- Some of India’s latest military arsenal was displayed in this year’s parade. However, Nuclear-capable Agni missiles- a highlight for the past several years was not displayed this year.