Barcelona Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Liverpool beats Tottenham Hotspur with 2-0 to win UEFA Champions League football trophy final at Madrid, Spain. This was Tottenham first ever appearance in the Champions League final.
- In an all-English Champions League final the 2-0 win by Liverpool over Tottenham Hotspur was result of an early goal from Mohamed Salah and a late one from Divock Origi. Liverpool’s coach Juergen Klopp received the Europe’s biggest prize.
- With this win Liverpool claimed its sixth European Champions League title.
- This title has further cemented their status as one of football’s most storied clubs. They now have more than Barcelona, Bayern Munich and twice as many as Manchester United club.
About UEFA Champions League (UCL)
- It was founded in 1955 and is organised by Union of European Football Associations (UEFA).
- It is an annual club football competition which is contested by top-division European clubs.
- It is one of the World’s most prestigious tournaments and most prestigious club competition in European football which decides the best team in Europe.
- It played by the national league champions (and, for some nations, one or more runners-up) of strongest UEFA national associations.
Tags: Barcelona • Divock Origi • Football League • Liverpool • Manchester United
Lewis Hamilton won the Formula One Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya, in Barcelona and the Mercedes sealed its fifth consecutive one-two finish.
- At this Spanish Grand Prix, Mercedes matched the record of five successive Formula One one-twos. as Lewis Hamilton beat his teammate and pole-sitter Valtteri Bottas.
- It is only the fifth time in Formula One (F1) history that a team has taken top two spaces for five straight races and only third instance of Mercedes achieving feat since 2014.
- Lewis Hamilton overtook his teammate and pole-sitter, Valtteri Bottas at turn one and stayed in front, thus winning Spanish Grand Prix for a third consecutive year.
- This was the five-time and defending champion, L. Hamilton’s 76th career victory. With this win he moved back to the top of drivers’ standings. Ahead of him only Michael Schumacher has more with 91 career victory.
- The second and third places were held by Valtteri Bottas in his Mercedes and Max Verstappen in his Red Bull respectively.
About Spanish Grand Prix
- The Formula One (or F1) is the highest class of single-seater auto racing in which term word “formula” name refers to set of rules which is to be met by all participants’ cars.
- The Spanish Grand Prix is a Formula One (F1) race which was held at Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona, Spain. It has a Circuit length of 4.655 km and Race length of 307.104 km.
- The Grands Prix is the French word for ‘grand prizes’ or ‘great prizes’.