Bengaluru Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
StartupBlink has ranked 100 countries for startup environment of countries globally. The rankings were based on the data from over 61,000 startups, more than 500 accelerators, and over 1,400 coworking spaces registered on its platform along with data gathered from its global partners including Crunchbase, SimilarWeb etc.
The rankings were based on the impact startups have been able to make in the country, how many startups and support organisations are there such as accelerators, coworking spaces, startup events along with technology infrastructure, red tape, bureaucracy, etc.
Findings of the Report
- The US, the UK, Canada, Israel, and Australia have been ranked in top5 in the rankings.
- India was ranked 17th in the rankings and has climbed 20 spots (rank 37) from the previous ranking.
- China was ranked 27th.
- Estonia (13), Ireland (14), and Germany (9) were ranked ahead of India for their startup ecosystems.
- The challenge before India is to improve the overall quality of startups and increase the number of unicorns than currently exist.
In the ranking of cities, Bengaluru stood at 11, New Delhi at 18 and Mumbai at 29. San Francisco Bay, New York, London, Los Angeles, and Boston topped the ranking among the cities.
Tags: Australia • Bengaluru • Boston • Canada • China • Crunchbase • Estonia • Germany • Ireland • Israel • London • Los Angeles • Mumbai • New Delhi • New York • San Francisco Bay • SimilarWeb • Startupblink • UK • US
Skytrax World Airport Awards which lists the Best 100 Airports of the World was released by the UK-based Skytrax, a consultancy firm which runs an airline and airport review and ranking site. The accolade was awarded at the Passenger Terminal Expo 2019 in London.
Best Airports of World
- Singapore’s Changi Airport has been crowned the world’s best aviation hub for the seventh time in a row. Singapore Changi Airport is well known for its rooftop swimming pool, two 24-hour movie theatres and shopping spots.
- Tokyo International Airport (Haneda), up one place from 2018 stood at the second place. The airport hub also won accolade as World’s Best Domestic Airport and World’s Cleanest Airport.
- Incheon International Airport, down one place from its second-place spot in 2018 is the other entrant at number three. Incheon International Airport also won the accolade for World’s Best Transit Airport.
Indian Airports in the List
- Indira Gandhi International Airport of New Delhi was eight points up this year after featuring at the 66th spot in 2018 and stood at rank 59.
- Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport stood at 64, down one rank from the previous year.
- Rajiv Gandhi Hyderabad International Airport stood at 66, up 10 ranks.
- Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport at 69, down five ranks.
The Skytrax World Airport Awards are based on votes of customers in a global airport customer satisfaction survey.
Tags: Bengaluru • Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport • Hyderabad • Incheon • Indira Gandhi International Airport • Kempegowda International Airport • London • Mumbai • New Delhi • Passenger Terminal Expo 2019 • Rajiv Gandhi International Airport • Singapore • Skytrax World Airport Awards • Skytrax World Airport Awards 2019 • Tokyo • World's Best Domestic Airport • World's Best Transit Airport • World's Cleanest Airport