Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
President Ram Nath Kovind presented the Nari Shakti awards, 2018 on the occasion of International Women’s Day on 8th March. Nari Shakti awards are the highest civilian honour for women in India.
44 Nari Shakti awards were presented for the year 2018 and the awardees include Scientists, entrepreneurs, environmentalists, social workers, farmers, artists, masons, a woman marine pilot, a woman commando trainer, journalists and film-makers.
Nari Shakti Puraskar was also awarded to One Stop Centre of Lucknow and Tamil Nadu State Social Welfare and Nutritious Meal Department.
Tamil Nadu State Social Welfare and Nutritious Meal Department got the award for exceptional progress in improving child sex ratio at birth under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme.
One Stop Centres are established by the Ministry of Women and Child Development for violence affected women in all districts of the country. One Stop Centres provide 24×7 integrated services to women affected by violence under one roof, including handholding them in the filing of FIRs, providing them legal aid, medical aid, psycho-social counselling and temporary shelter up to 5 days.
Nari Shakti Awards
Nari Shakti Awards, earlier known as Stree Shakti Awards was constituted by the government of India in the year 1991. Nari Shakti Awards provide an opportunity to understand the contribution of women in the building of society and the nation.
Nari Shakti Awards are conferred on eminent women and institutions rendering distinguished service to the cause of women especially belonging to the vulnerable and marginalized sections of the society by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. The recipients include both institutions and individuals.
Tags: Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme • Child Sex Ratio • International Women’s Day • Ministry of Women and Child Development • Nari Shakti Awards
The Haryana government has set up an online system called sex ratio monitoring dashboard as part of the ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ Scheme to monitor the sex ratio in the Panipat district.
The system will have the data of child sex ratio collected from all villages every month in the district by the state Health and Women and Child Welfare Departments.
- The sex ratio monitoring dashboard as a pilot project has been developed in association with National Informatics Centre.
- It will have the data on critical villages where more attention was required towards skewed child sex ratio. It will help to take steps needed to tackle the social problem of low child sex ratio.
- The dashboard seeks to serve as an effective tool for enhancing ground-level coordination between the state’s Health and Women and Child Welfare Departments for enhancing ground-evel coordination.
Haryana has skewed sex ratio in the state and it is one of the lowest Child Sex Ratio in country which stands at 879 girls per 1,000 boys as against the national child sex ratio of 918 girls per 1000 boys.
About Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Scheme
- The scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in January 2015 from Haryana for 100 districts across the country to address the issue of declining Child Sex Ratio (CSR).
- It is designed to address the issue of declining CSR and related issues of disempowerment of women through a life cycle continuum.
- The main objective is to prevent gender biased sex selective elimination by strict enforcement of laws with stringent punishment to violators.
- The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD), is the nodal agency for the implementation of the scheme.