Bezwada Wilson Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The winners of the Businessline Changemaker Award for 2019 are listed below:
- Changemaker Of The Year: Petitioners against Section 377.
- Changemaker Of The Year: GST Council.
- Iconic Changemaker: Bezwada Wilson (Safai Karmachari Andoloan).
- Social Transformation: The Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences.
- Digital Transformation: eNAM (Electronic National Agriculture Market).
- Young Changemaker: Anju Verma (promoting the education of underprivileged children).
- Young Changemaker: Kush and Arjun Pandey (developers of ScoutMe app for tapping football talent).
Businessline Changemaker Awards
Businessline Changemaker Awards were constituted in the year 2018 to mark the completion of 25 years by the Hindu Business Line. The awards seek to celebrate the Changemaker maker individuals, entities and organisations, who through their work, have contributed to materially improve the condition of society, economy and the planet.
The Awards honour the Changemakers who have impacted society in a very big and in a very positive way with their work which has helped enhance the quality of life and livelihoods and made the world a better place.
Tags: Anju Verma • Arjun Pandey • Bezwada Wilson • Businessline Changemaker Awards • Businessline Changemaker Awards 2019
Two Indians TM Krishna and Bezwada Wilson have received the prestigious Ramon Magsaysay prize for the year 2016.
They were among six persons/organisations who received the prestigious award, often regarded as Asia’s Nobel Prize.
The award ceremony was held at the Cultural Center of the Philippines in Pasay City, Manila on August 31, 2015 i.e. on the birth anniversary of former Filipino President Ramon Magsaysay.
Six awardees are
- Bezwada Wilson (India): He is the National Convener of the Safai Karmachari Andolan (SKA). He was awarded for asserting the inalienable right to a life of human dignity.
- He has done remarkable work in liberating scores of people engaged in manual scavenging across the country.
- Thodur Madabusi Krishna (India): He is a Carnatic music vocalist. He was bestowed with this award ensuring social inclusiveness in culture.
- Conchita Carpio Morales (Philippines): She was bestowed with this award for restoring faith in the rule of law.
- Dompet Dhuafa (Indonesia): She was bestowed with this award for expanding the transformative impact of zakat.
- Japan Overseas Cooperation Volunteers (Japan): The organisation was awarded for building a world of genuine solidarity.
- Vientiane Rescue (Laos): The organisation awarded for volunteering to save lives at risk.
About Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Ramon Magsaysay Award is Asia’s highest cilivian honour and is often regarded as the region’s equivalent of the Nobel Prize.
- Established in 1957 in the memory of Philippines’ third President Ramon Magsaysay who had died in air disaster in March 1957.
- It was established the New York City based Rockefeller Brothers Fund and Philippine government.
- It is awarded annually to individuals or organizations from Asia region for their altruistic and philanthropic service.
- The award carries a medallion bearing the likeness of the late President Ramon Magsaysay, cash prize and a certificate.