Bharat Electronics Ltd Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Defence PSU Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL) has unveiled the Atmospheric Water Generator (AWG) at the Aero India 2019. The new product aims to provide an innovative solution to meet the ever-increasing need for drinking water worldwide.
Atmospheric Water Generator
- The Atmospheric Water Generator would generate water straight from the humidity present in the atmosphere through a novel technology.
- The Atmospheric Water Generator extracts water from the humidity present in the atmosphere through the process of condensation and purifies it.
- The water generator uses the process of heat exchange for condensing the atmospheric moisture to produce pure, safe and clean potable water.
- The Atmospheric Water Generator is integrated with a Mineralisation Unit to add minerals which are required to make the water potable.
- The Atmospheric Water Generator would be made available in both static and mobile (vehicular) versions and would be available in 30 litres/day, 100 litres/day, 500 litres/day and 1,000 litres/day capacities.
The Atmospheric Water Generator is being manufactured by BEL in collaboration with CSIR-IICT and MAITHRI, a start-up company based in Hyderabad.
The search for the alternate sources of water has become a necessity due to the twin challenge of water pollution and climate change. The Atmospheric Water Generator is a good step in this direction.