Bharat Parv Current Affairs - 2020
On January 26, 2020, Bharat Parv 2020 begun at Red Fort in New Delhi. The programe is to continue till 1st February, 2020.
The main objective of the programme is to increase patriotism among the citizens and also to encourage them visit tourist places in the country. The programme is being organized by Ministry of Tourism. The theme of the programme is
Theme: Celebrating 150 years of Mahatma Gandhi & Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
It also aims at developing the spirit of “Dekho Apna Desh”.
About Bharat Parv
Bharat Parv is recognized as National Festival. It includes diversified dances of the country, food courts, handicrafts from all over the country. The festival also showcases Republic Day Tableaux that participated in the parade.
Bharat Parv is being celebrated since 2016. It showcases rich cultural diversity of India. Also, it aims to popularize the idea of “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat”
Tags: 150 birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi • Bharat Parv • Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat • Ministry of Tourism • Republic Day
Bharat Parv is a five day event hosted as part of Republic Day celebrations. Bharat Parv organised at Red Fort, Delhi aims to generate a patriotic fervour and promote the rich cultural diversity of the country.
Attractions of Bharat Parv
Bharat Parv showcases the spirit of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat. The important attractions of Bharat Parv are:
- Replica of the Statue of Unity.
- Gandhi Gram in which 10 painting artists will create paintings on the theme of Ideology of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Display of Republic Day parade tableaux
- Performances by the Armed Forces bands.
- Theme based State Pavilions where each state showcases its strength along with its tourism products.
- Daily cultural performances by North Zone Cultural Centre.
Bharat Parv has been organised by Ministry of Tourism in collaboration with other Central Ministries and State Governments.