Bharti Airtel Current Affairs - 2020
On April 15, 2020, the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer Welfare launched All India Agri Transport Call Centre facility. The facility will avail inter-state movement of perishables.
The Transport Call Centre will help in coordination between states. The traders, truck drivers, manufacturers that are facing difficulties in transporting perishables and other horticultural commodities shall seek help from the call centre. The call centres are to be operated by IFFCO Kisan Sanchar Limited (IKSL).
The IKSL has been promoted by the IFFCO (Indian Farmers Fertilizers Cooperative Limited) along with Bharti Airtel and Star global Resource Limited.
The IFFCO is the biggest cooperative society in the country that was founded in 1967. There were only 57 cooperatives when it was formed. Today there are more than 36,000 Indian Cooperatives.
The annual turn over of IFFCO in 2018-19 was 27,852 crores and it produced 81.49 lakh metric tonnes of agricultural products. The IFFCO serves all over the world through strategic partnerships. For instance, it has partnered with JIFCO-Jordan, OMIFCO-Oman, Canada, ICS-Senegal
Tags: Agriculture • Bharti Airtel • Cooperative Enterprise • Farmer welfare • Goods Transportation
My Circle App was launched by Bharti Airtel in collaboration with FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO). My Circle app aims to help women in case they face any problem or a panic situation.
My Circle App
- My Circle app enables women to send SOS alerts to any five of their family or friends in 13 languages including English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Punjabi, Bengali, Urdu, Assamese, Oriya, and Gujarati.
- A woman in distress can send an SOS alert by pressing the SOS prompt on the app.
- The SOS alert can also be activated by voice command through Siri on iOS and the statement by Airtel has stated that he voice activation through Google Assistant will soon be available on Android devices also.
- the SOS alert will send the user’s location over SMS to the five contacts selected by the user and advise them to immediately reach out or respond to the emergency situation.
- The app also enables the family or friends to track the location on real time through the link that is sent as part of the alert SM
- The free-to-download app is available on Google Play store (Android) and will be available on the App Store (iOS) soon.
My Circle App is carrier agnostic which would work on phones with any telecom service network, both Airtel and non-Airtel.