BHEL Current Affairs - 2020
Public Sector Power equipment manufacturer Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has commissioned a seasonwise tiltable canal top solar PV plant at Bhimavaram, Andhra Pradesh.
It is the first canal top project in Andhra Pradesh and also of its kind project to be executed by BHEL.
- The project has been developed by New and Renewable Energy Development Corporation of Andhra Pradesh Ltd (NREDCAP).
- Its power generation is about 10 per cent more than a fixed Module Mounting Arrangement (MMA).
- It also has movable walkway which provides easy access, facilitating efficient maintenance of the plant.
- The plant has elevated control room with bottom cable entry which prevents it from the water during floods.
- The Module Mounting Structure (MMS) of the plant has a unique design which incorporates additional functionalities like cable support, lighting and fencing.
Tags: Andhra Pradesh [APPSC] • BHEL • Current Affairs 2016 • Renewable Energy • Solar energy
Public Sector Power equipment manufacturer Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has commissioned the second 40 MW hydropower generating unit at the Teesta low dam hydroelectric project (HEP) stage IV in West Bengal.
The hydropower generating unit was successfully installed at the Teesta low dam HEP, a run-of-the-river greenfield project, located in Darjeeling district of the West Bengal.
- Teesta low dam HEP is being set up by National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC).
- BHEL’s Bhopal, Jhansi, Rudrapur, Mumbai and Bengaluru facilities had supplied equipment for the project and execution of work was undertaken on site is being.
- The estimated annual energy (power) generation from the project is around 720 million units.
- It is expected to reduce green-house gas (GHGs) emissions and will help in achieving a low carbon development path for the state as well as the nation.
So far, BHEL has commissioned nearly 400 hydro generating sets of various ratings with a cumulative capacity of around 20,000 MW in the country.