Bihari Puraskar Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Telugu poet K Siva Reddy has been selected for the prestigious Saraswati Samman, 2018. He has been awarded for his work Pakkaki Ottigilite which is a collection of poetry.
K Siva Reddy was born in 1943 in a farmer’s family in Andhra Pradesh’s Guntur. He is considered as the most renowned modern poets in Telugu. Siva Reddy has also published critical essays on poetry.
Pakkaki Ottigilite was published in 2016. It is an anthology of 104 poems in blank verse. It captures the responses of the poet over the years to social change, the evolution of his own self and his dynamic relationship with the world.
Saraswati Samman Awards
Saraswati Samman Award was instituted by the KK Birla Foundation in the year 1991. It is given annually for an outstanding literary work written in any official Indian language and published during the preceding 10 years. It carries a cash purse of Rs 15 lakh, apart from a citation and a plaque.
Other popular literary awards constituted by the Birla Foundation are Vyas Samman (for Hindi) and Bihari Puraskar (for Hindi and Rajasthani writers of Rajasthan).
Tags: Andhra Pradesh • Bihari Puraskar • Guntur • Hindi • K Siva Reddy • KK Birla Foundation • Pakkaki Ottigilite • Rajasthan • Rajasthani • Saraswati Samman • Saraswati Samman 2018 • Telugu • Vyas Samman
Eminent Rajasthani litterateur Dr Satya Narayan was chosen for the 26th Bihari Puraskar 2016 by the K K Birla Foundation. He was been chosen for his Hindi book titled Yeh Ek Dunia published in 2010.
His Yeh Ek Dunia is a meticulous depiction of various circumstances of life in contemporary world. In it he has built a model of new creativity and attempts to enter unseen aspects or dimensions, where human experiences and conscience are more important than life situations of contemporary time zone.
About Dr Satya Narayan
- He also has penned “Ret Ki Kokh Mein”, “Phati Jeb Se Ek Din”, “Yahin Kahin Neend Thi” among others. He has also written for various newspapers and magazines including, “Yayavar Ki Diary”.
- He has been the recipient of several awards like ‘Acharya Niranjannath Samman’ by Sambodhan, Kankroli, ‘Kanhaiyaa Laal Sahal Award’ from Rajasthan Sahitya Akademi among others.
About Bihari Puraskar
- The award was instituted in 1991 by the K K Foundation. It is named after famous Hindi poet Bihari. It carries cash prize of Rs 2 lakhs, besides a citation and a plaque.
- It recognises outstanding work in Hindi or Rajasthani, published during the last ten years by a Rajasthani writer.
- The 2015 Bihari Puraskar was awarded to writer Bhagwati Lal Vyas for his Rajasthani poetry collection titled, “Katha Sun Aawe Hai Sabad”.