Bihari Puraskar Current Affairs
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Eminent Rajasthani litterateur Dr Satya Narayan was chosen for the 26th Bihari Puraskar 2016 by the K K Birla Foundation. He was been chosen for his Hindi book titled Yeh Ek Dunia published in 2010.
His Yeh Ek Dunia is a meticulous depiction of various circumstances of life in contemporary world. In it he has built a model of new creativity and attempts to enter unseen aspects or dimensions, where human experiences and conscience are more important than life situations of contemporary time zone.
About Dr Satya Narayan
- He also has penned “Ret Ki Kokh Mein”, “Phati Jeb Se Ek Din”, “Yahin Kahin Neend Thi” among others. He has also written for various newspapers and magazines including, “Yayavar Ki Diary”.
- He has been the recipient of several awards like ‘Acharya Niranjannath Samman’ by Sambodhan, Kankroli, ‘Kanhaiyaa Laal Sahal Award’ from Rajasthan Sahitya Akademi among others.
About Bihari Puraskar
- The award was instituted in 1991 by the K K Foundation. It is named after famous Hindi poet Bihari. It carries cash prize of Rs 2 lakhs, besides a citation and a plaque.
- It recognises outstanding work in Hindi or Rajasthani, published during the last ten years by a Rajasthani writer.
- The 2015 Bihari Puraskar was awarded to writer Bhagwati Lal Vyas for his Rajasthani poetry collection titled, “Katha Sun Aawe Hai Sabad”.
Eminent poet Dr Bhagwati Lal Vyas has been selected for the 2015 Bihari Puraskar for his anthology of Rajasthani poems ‘Katha Sun Aawe Hai Sabad’ published in 2010.
Dr Vyas through his poetry has highlighted the increasing tendencies of commercialization and degradation of human values.
About Dr Bhagwati Lal Vyas
- Dr Vyas was born on July 10, 1941 in Gilund village in Raj Samand district of Rajasthan.
- His literally works reflect the unpleasant changes in human relations, social disparity and loss of human values although positivity and his faith in human life.
- His best known works includes compendium of poems titled ‘Shatabdi Niruttar’ (1977), ‘Footpath Par Chiriya Nachti Hai’ (1984) and a collection of short stories ‘Suraj Leelti Ghatiyan’ stand out.
- He also has also authored several short stories and worked as an eminent translator.
- He had retired as Principal of RNT College of Teacher Education in Chittorgarh district of Rajasthan.
- He is a recipient of Sahitya Akademi Award.
About Bihari Puraskar
- Instituted by the K K Birla Foundation in 1991.
- Given annually for an outstanding literary work in Hindi or Rajasthani published during last 10 years by a Rajasthani writer.
- The award carries a cash prize of one lakh rupees, a citation and a plaque.
- It is also open to those living in the state for the last seven years or more apart from original residents of Rajasthan.
- The recipient of award is selected by a six-member Committee. Its Chairman is appointed by the President of the Foundation, Shobhana Bhartia.