Bob Dylan Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
American singer-songwriter, artist and writer Bob Dylan (75) has won the 2016 Nobel Prize in Literature. He is the first American to win the prize since novelist Toni Morrison in 1993.
The Swedish Academy has selected Dylan for this prestigious award for creating new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition.
About Bob Dylan
- Born as Robert Allen Zimmerman on May 24, 1941 in Duluth, Minnesota.
- His debut album was ‘Bob Dylan’ released in 1962. He had adopted the name Dylan after the poet Dylan Thomas.
- He is one of the best-selling artists (musician) of all time and has sold more than 100 million records.
- He has 58 singles, 37 studio albums, 11 live albums and 6 collaborations to his name.
- Besides, his lyrics have incorporated various political, social, philosophical and literary influences.
- His early songs such as The Times They Are a-Changin and Blowin’ in the Wind were the anthems for the American civil rights and anti-war movements.
- He has published six books of drawings and paintings, and his work has been exhibited in major art galleries.
- Awards and Honours: 11 Grammy Awards, Golden Globe Award and Academy Award (Oscar). The Pulitzer Prize jury had awarded him a special citation in 2008 for his profound impact on popular music and American culture.
About Nobel Prize in Literature
- The Nobel Prize in Literature is one of the five Nobel Prizes established by the will of Alfred Nobel in 1895. It is awarded since 1901.
- It is awarded annually to an author from any country who has produced the most outstanding work in an ideal direction in the field of literature.
- The award carries a gold medal, a diploma bearing a citation, and a sum of money.
- Recent winners of Nobel Prize for Literature: Svetiana Alexievich (2015), Patrick Modiano (2014), Alice Munro (Canada), Yo Yan (China).