byorung bridge Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh, Pema Khandu inaugurated India’s longest single-lane steel cable suspension bridge over Siang River in Upper Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh.
Key Facts about the Bridge
The important Facts about the Bridge are:
- The bridge is 300-metre-long and is also known as byorung bridge.
- The bridge will reduce the distance between Yingkiong and Tuting in Arunachal Pradesh by almost 40 km.
- The bridge was constructed under the non-lapsable central pool of resources (NLCPR) of Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region at a cost of Rs 48.43 crore.
- The bridge would help the movement of people residing on both sides of the river bank. The bridge would be of great help to around 20,000 people on living on both sides of the Siang river.
- The bridge will also bolster defense preparedness and facilitate the army in their operations.
The Siang River is considered as lifeline of Arunachal Pradesh. The Tsangpo river originates in the Angsi Glacier in the Himalayas. The river enters India through Arunachal Pradesh where it is called by name Siang. The river is also called as Dihang in the plain regions. As the river flows through the plains it is joined by the rivers Dibang and Lohit. Downstream of the confluence of Lohit, the river is called by name Brahmaputra.
Tags: Angsi Glacier • Arunachal Pradesh • Brahmaputra • byorung bridge • Dibang • Dihang • India’s longest single-lane steel cable suspension bridge • Lohit • Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region • Pema Khandu • Siang River • Tuting • Yingkiong