Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) Current Affairs - 2020
The Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved the opening of 54 new Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs) during the 12th Five Year Plan. The KVs are considered as model schools in terms of physical infrastructure, teaching resources, curriculum and academic performance.
New Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs)
- Will be located in 53 districts in 17 States.
- Objective: To cater to the educational needs of children of transferable Central Government employees including defense and para-military personnel by providing a common programme of education.
- Cost of the project: Rs. 927.40 crore.
- These new KVs when fully functional will provide quality education to approximately 54,000 students in addition to 12 lakhs students already studying in the present KVs.
The CCEA also approved setting up of 3500 model schools in backward districts in the country to provide quality education.
Note: At present, there are 1094 functional Kendriya Vidyalayas including three in Moscow, Kathmandu and Tehran.
Tags: Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) • Current Affairs - 2017 • Current Affairs 2014 • Education • Infrastructure
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) gave its nod to convert 7,200 Kms of states roads into national highways. Together with this, during the UPA regime, approx 17,000 km of the state highways converted into national highways.
- Also, the Cabinet decided to rename “Ennore Port” in Chennai as “Kamarajar Port”.
Note: National Highways Development Project (NHDP) is the flagship road building programme of Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, currently running into seven phases. The present length of the National Highways in the country is about 80,000 km.