CDAC Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
China will be hosting a Conference on Dialogue of Asian Civilizations in Beijing, starting from 15 May to 22 May 2019. During the event an opening ceremony will be held by Chinese President Xi Jinping and six parallel sub forums will be conducted.
- About: Conference on Dialogue of Asian Civilizations (CDAC) is being held on 15 May 2019 in Beijing, China. As part of CDAC, the Chinese Ministry of Education, in collaboration with United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) will be organizing a parallel panel on “Safeguarding the Diversity of Asian Civilizations“.
- Aim: It seeks to promote intercultural dialogue in view of building an “Asian Community of Shared Future” which will focus on cultural diversity, exchanges and mutual learning of Asia civilizations. It aims to enhance Asians’ rich cultural lives and contribute to vibrant regional development.
- Theme: for CDAC is “exchanges and mutual learning among Asian civilizations and a community with a shared future”. It acknowledges the Asian solutions to benefit its people, Asian wisdom to promote political advancement, and Asian community with a shared future.
- Participants: More than 2000 delegates from 47 Asian and other world countries, including heads of state, government officials, and high-level governmental representatives from UNESCO and other international organizations, educational institutions, celebrities, film and television think tanks are invited to attend conference.
- Events: Asian civilization week, Asian civilization tours, tourism fairs, Asia cultural carnival and exhibitions, and Asian food festivals will be held on sidelines of CDAC.
- Key Discussions: It will have dialogue about sharing experiences on Asian governance and Asian approaches to governance differing from Western one.
- Significance: CDAC provides a platform for interactions between young people, local communities and media and form cooperative network among think tanks. It might boost regional understanding and enhance cooperation between participants. It is also being seen in pursuance of fifth pillar (which is people-to-people exchanges) of China’s ambitious Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
- The idea of hosting CDAC was proposed by President Xi Jinping at Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building Measures in Asia (CICA) held in Shanghai, China in 2014.
- Later, at Boao Forum for Asia (BFA) Annual Conference in 2015 conference was initiated by Chinese president Xi Jinping.
- In 2016 also at the BFA, the session “Dialogue of Asian Civilizations” was held and guests from China, Singapore, Pakistan, Iran, and UNESCO participated in dialogues.
Tags: Beijing • Belt and Road Initiative • Boao Forum for Asia • CDAC • China • Conference on Dialogue of Asian Civilizations • Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building Measures in Asia • Dialogue of Asian Civilizations • Iran • Pakistan • Safeguarding the Diversity of Asian Civilizations • Scientific and Cultural Organization • Shanghai • Singapore • UNESCO • United Nations Educational
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a National Common Mobility Card (NCMC), which can be used to make payments across public transport anywhere in the country, including Metro, bus and suburban railways, for toll and parking, and for retail like any credit or debit card.
National Common Mobility Card
- The National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) was envisaged as part of the National Urban Transport Policy (NUTP) in 2006 by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Referred to as ”One Nation One Card”, this inter-operable transport card would allow the holders to pay for their bus travel, toll taxes, parking charges, retail shopping and even withdraw money.
- It runs as on RuPay card and automates the fare collection system. This eliminates the need to carry change and cash while travelling in the metro, bus or train, or for toll and parking.
- The gate and reader prototype for the NCMC has been developed by government-owned Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) in compliance with the Make in India initiative.
- These cards would be issued by all public and private banks the same way credit, debit, and prepaid cards are issued.
- NCMC provides a value proposition for customers as they need not carry multiple cards for different usage and the super-quick, a contactless transaction will improve the seamless experience.
- A pilot project for the NCMC ecosystem on January 31 with the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
- The first-level trials were successfully completed in collaboration with CDAC, BEL, National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), and State Bank of India.
The NCMC was launched by the Prime Minister while inaugurating the first phase of the Ahmedabad metro train service.
Tags: Ahmedabad Metro Rail project • BEL • CDAC • Delhi Metro Rail Corporation • DMRC • Make in India • Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs • National Common Mobility Card • National Payments Corporation of India • National Urban Transport Policy • NCMC • NPCI • One Nation One Card • RuPay card • SBI • State Bank of India