CERT-US Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India and USA have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT- In) and US Department of Homeland Security on cooperation in field of cyber Security.
The MoU was signed by Aruna Sundararajan, Secretary, Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and Richard Verma, US Ambassador to India.
- The MoU has been signed for the continuation to the cooperation in cyber security areas between both countries on the basis of equality, reciprocity and mutual benefit.
- It intends to promote closer co-operation and the exchange of information pertaining to the Cyber Security in accordance with the relevant laws, rules and regulations of each economy.
Earlier US and India signed had inked MoU in July 2011 to promote a closer cooperation and timely exchange of information between the organizations of their respective Governments responsible for Cyber Security. Since, the regular interactions between US CERT and CERT-In are taking place to share the information and discuss cyber security related issues.
About CERT-In (Indian Computer Emergency Response Team)
- CERT-In is a government-mandated nodal agency for information technology (IT) security established in 2004 under the aegis of the Indian Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Electronics and IT.
- According to the provisions of the IT Amendment Act, 2008, CERT-In is responsible for overseeing administration of the Act.
- Mandate of CERT-In: (i) Protect Indian cyberspace and software infrastructure against destructive and hacking activities. (ii) Respond to computer security incidents, report on vulnerabilities and promote effective IT security practices throughout the country. (iii) Issue guidelines, vulnerability notes, advisories, and whitepapers regarding to information security practices, prevention, procedures, response and reporting of cyber security incidents.