Certificate of Honour Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
President of India Ramnath Kovind awarded Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Samman to following scholars of Sanskrit, Persian, Arabic, Pali, Prakrit, Classical Kannada, Classical Telugu, Classical Malayalam and Classical Odiya for year 2019: –
Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Samman Awardees
SANSKRIT: (1) Dr. Ashok thapliyal; (2) Prof. SujataTripathi; (3) Dr.Sanju Mishra; (4) Dr. Abhijit Hanmant Joshi; (5) Dr.SharachchandraDwivedi
PALI: Anoma Shriram Sakhare
PRAKRIT: Ashish Kumar Jain
ARABIC: Dr. Fauzan ahmad
PERSIAN: (1) ER.M. Shahbaz Alam
CLASSICAL KANNADA: (1)G B harisha; (2) S. Karthik; (3) Dr. M. Byrappa
CLASSICAL TELUGU: (1) Dr. Addanki Srinivas; (2) Dr. V. Triveni; (3) Dr. DK Prabhakar
CLASSICAL MALAYALAM: (1) Dr. Rajeev RR; (2) Shri Santhosh Thottingal
CLASSICAL ODIA: Dr. Subrat Kumar Prusty
In addition to this President also awarded certificate of honor to following scholars of Sanskrit, Persian, Arabic, Pali, Prakrit, Classical Kannada, Classical Telugu, Classical Malayalam and Classical Odiya for year 2019.
List of Awardees of Certificate of Honor –
SANSKRIT: (1) Sripada Satyanarayanamurthy; (2) RajendraNathSarma; (3) Prof. Ramji Thakur; (4) Prof. Chand KiranSaluja; (5) Dr. ShriKrishan Sharma; (6) Dr. V. Ramakrishna Bhatt; (7) Vidwan Janardana Hegde; (8) Dr. Kala acharya; (9) Prof. (Dr.) Harekrishna Satapathy; (10) Pandit Satya Dev Sharma; (11) Banwari Lal Gaur; (12) Dr. VS Karunakaran; (13) Prof. Yugal Kishor Mishra; (14) Pandit Manudev Bhattacharya; (15) Subuddhi Charan Goswami
PALI: Dr. Uma Shankar Vyas
PRAKRIT: Kamal Chand Sogani
ARABIC: (1) Faizanullah Farooqi; (2) Mohammad iqbal Husain; (3) Dr Mohd. Samiullah Khan
PERSIAN: (1) Dr. Iraq Raza Zaidi; (2) Chander Shekhar (3) Mohammad sidiq Niazmand
CLASSICAL KANNADA: Shri Hampa Nagarajaiah
CLASSICAL TELUGU: Ravva Srihari
CLASSICAL MALAYALAM: Dr.CP Achuthan Unny
CLASSICAL ODIA: Dr. Antaryami mishra
About Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Samman
The awards are annually conferred on the Independence Day. They were instituted in 2002 by Union Ministry of Human Resource Development.
It is awarded to young scholars between 30 to 45 years of age. It carries a cash prize of Rs. 1 lakh.
These awards conferred to recognise contribution of scholars in the field of nine languages viz. Sanskrit, Prakrit, Persian, Pali, Arabic, Classical Oriya, Classical Kannada, Classical Malayalam and Classical Telugu.
Certificate of Honour
It was introduced in 1958 to honour scholars of Sanskrit, Persian and Arabic languages and later in 1996 it was extended to cover Prakrit and Pali as well.
It is awarded to scholars aged 60 years and above. It carries a cash prize of Rs. 5,00,000.
NOTE Exemptions: These awards are not given posthumously and to scholars who have been awarded earlier, or who are convicted in criminal case or against whom criminal case is pending in court.
Tags: Certificate of Honour • K.K. Birla Foundation • literary work • Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Samman • President of India
Vice President Venkaiah Naidu conferred President’s Certificate of Honour and Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Samman Awards at New Delhi.
Presidential Award of Certificate
- The award of the Certificate of Honour was introduced in the year 1958 to honour the scholars of Sanskrit, Arabic and Persian Languages.
- It was extended to cover Pali/Prakrit in the year 1996.
- Further, the award was extended to cover languages of Classical Odiya, Classical Kannada, Classical Telugu, Classical Tamil and Classical Malayalam
- The award is conferred in recognition of the outstanding contribution of various scholars of eminence over 60 years of age.
Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Samman Awards
- Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Sammandistinction is conferred on persons in recognition of their substantial contribution in the field of Sanskrit, Persian, Arabic, Pali, Prakrit, Classical Odiya, Classical Kannada, Classical Telugu and Classical Malayalam.
- The award was introduced in the year 2002.
- The award is given to selected young scholars in the age group of 30 to 45 years.
- The Presidential award carries a certificate of honour, a memento and a one-time cash prize of Rs.1 lakh.
Both the awards are conferred by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India.