Chanda Kochar Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India (ICICI) Bank has launched its own version of Digital Village Project by adopting entire Akodara Village in Sabarkantha district of Gujarat.
It was launched presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and ICICI Bank MD and CEO Chanda Kochar to mark 60-year-celebration of the ICICI group’s existence.
Key facts about ICICI Bank’s Digital Village Project
- It is launched in lines with Governments flagship programme of Digital India.
- It seeks to provide entire village with services ranging from cashless banking to digitised school teaching.
- As part of this project, banking platform at rural part will be digitized by covering all aspects of banking like opening an account to sale of goods to purchase of products including milk from the vendors or local kirana stores.
- In case of school teaching, it will digitized all school records alongwith the Gujarat syllabus and even teaching methods and tools.
- It will also provide necessary infrastructure needed for digisiting entire village in order to provide villager with the access required to data and information in a digital format.
- Besides basic banking facilities like ATMs and other digital banking services, other services like e-health, e-milk producer group, Wi-Fi connectivity and schools with digital black boards in the village, along with a host of other digital facilities will be provided under this project.
About ICICI Bank
It was established in 1955 as ICICI Ltd.
Originally it was set up as an Indian financial institution as the initiative of the World Bank, the Government of India and representatives of Indian industry to provide project financing to Indian businesses.
Later in 1994, it got merged to form ICICI Bank.
Tags: Akodara Village in Sabarkantha district Gujarat • Chanda Kochar • Current Affairs 2016 • Digital Village Project • Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India (ICICI) Bank