Chattisgarh Current Affairs - 2020
President of India, Pranab Mukherjee appointed Governors of five states, namely Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal, Gujarat and Nagaland.
Given below is the list of Governors and their respective state of appointment:
- Keshari Nath Tripathi: Governor of West Bengal
- Balramji Dass Tandon: Governor of Chhattisgarh
- Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya: Governor of both Nagaland and Tripura
- Ram Naik: Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Om Prakash Kohli: Governor of Gujarat
Tags: Chattisgarh • Current Affairs - 2017 • Current Affairs 2014 • Gujarat [GPSC] • Nagaland
The Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) is developing Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) for the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) to track down maoists in naxal hit states viz. Chattisgarh, Jharkhand, etc. And would demonstrate the operational capability of the first such vehicle, Nishant in Jagdalpur.
- The UAVs being developed for CRPF would be able to help the forces trace and track down the ultra Left operatives in even thick forests.
The Nishant, a multi-mission UAV developed by India’s Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), a branch of DRDO, had already been inducted by the army. (Nishant consists of an air vehicle supported by ground control station equipment mounted on Tatra vehicles and it can be moved to any location for launching whenever required making it very versatile).
About Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs)
- Means: Aerial vehicles which operate without a human pilot. Eaves are commonly used in both the military and police forces in situations where the risk of sending a human piloted aircraft is unacceptable, or the situation makes using a manned aircraft Impractical.
- Uses: To get aerial video of a remote location, especially where there would be unacceptable risk to the pilot of a manned aircraft and can be equipped with high resolution still, video, and even infrared cameras.
- The information obtained by the UAV can be streamed back to the control centre in real time.
- Used to carry and deliver a variety of payloads. Helicopter type UAVs are well suited to this purpose, because payloads can be suspended from the bottom of the airframe, with little aerodynamic penalty.