Chhattisgarh Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is going to launch Mission Parivar Vikas for improved family planning services in 145 High Focus districts in seven states.
The objective of mission is to accelerate access to high quality family planning choices based on information, reliable services and supplies within a rights-based framework.
Key features of Mission Parivar Vikas
- These districts are located in the seven high focus states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Assam.
- They are having the highest total fertility rates and constitute 44% of the country’s population.
- They also have a substantial impact on maternal and child health indicators. As about 25 to 30% of maternal deaths and 50% of infant deaths occur in these districts.
- The key strategic focus of this initiative will be on improving access to contraceptives through delivering assured services, dovetailing with new promotional schemes.
- It will also ensure building capacity (service providers), commodity security, creating an enabling environment along with close monitoring and implementation.
Tags: Chhattisgarh • Family planning • Health Ministry • Mission Parivar Vikas • National
Union Government has chosen 105-year-old Kunwar Bai from Chhattisgarh’s Dhamtari district as the ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’ mascot.
PM Modi felicitated the old but spirited lady at a function held in New Delhi to mark ‘Swachhta Diwas’ on September 17, 2016
- She was recognised by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for building toilet by selling off her 8-10 goats to build two toilets at her home.
- Apart from that, she started showing other villagers the toilets at her home while educating them about its importance.
- She has also encouraged others from the village to build toilets Her efforts had help to make her village ‘open defecation free as very home in her village has toilets.