Chhattisgarh Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
As per recently published survey of Indian Railways Surat (Gujarat) was declared the cleanest railway station in the country.
The survey was conducted by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) at 407 railway stations, which included 75 A-1 stations and 332 A-category railway stations across the country based on feedback from around 1.34 lakh passengers.
It was conducted as part of Union Government’s Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and Union Railway Ministry’s ‘Swachh Rail Swachh Bharat’ mission.
The survey was conducted in January-February 2016 and passengers were asked questions on 40 cleanliness parameters.
- 75 A1-category cleanest railway stations: Surat (Gujarat), Rajkot (Gujarat), Bilaspur (Chhattisgarh), Solapur (Maharashtra), Mumbai Central (Maharashtra), Chandigarh, Bhubaneshwar (Odisha) and Vadodara (Gujarat).
- ‘A’ Category cleanest stations: Beas (Punjab), Jamnagar Gandhidham (Gujarat), Gandhidham (Gujarat), Vasco-Da-Gama (Goa), Kumbakonam (Tamil Nadu) and Nasik (Maharashtra).
Category A-1 stations are those earning revenues more than 50 crore. While, A-category stations are those earning revenues between Rs. 6 crore and Rs. 50 crore
Tags: Chhattisgarh • Current Affairs 2016 • Indian Railways • IRCTC • Swachh Bharat Mission
Lok Sabha has passed Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order (Amendment) Bill, 2016 to include certain communities in the list of Scheduled Castes (SC) from 4 states.
The bill seeks to amend Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order, 1950 to include certain communities from Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Kerala and West Bengal in the list.
It also has provisions for exclusion of certain communities from Odisha and removal of area restriction in respect of certain communities.
- Chhattisgarh: Inclusion of Sais, Sahis, Sarathi, Soot-Sarathi, Thanwar communities in the list.
- Haryana: Inclusion of (i) Aheria, Aheri, Hari, Heri, Thori, Turi and (ii) Rai Sikh communities in the list.
- Kerala: Inclusion of Peruvannan community in the list and Modification in the area of specification of Malayan community.
- West Bengal: Removal of area restriction of Chain community.
- Odisha: Exclusion of Bariki and Kummari communities in the list.
- The bill was introduced in the Parliament by Union Social Justice Minister Thawar Chand Gehlot as per the provisions of Article 341 of the Constitution.
- Article 341: It empowers Parliament to include or exclude castes from the list of Scheduled Castes in the notification.
- It also empowers the President to specify castes which will be deemed as Scheduled Castes through a notification.