Chhattisgarh Current Affairs - 2020
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced that Prasar Bharati has brought 11 more State DD Channels on the Satellite footprint of India through DD Free Dish. The 11 channels include five from Northeastern states.
The DD channels of the states of Chhattisgarh, Goa, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura and Uttarakhand have been brought to satellite footprint through DD Free Dish.
The state channels represent the aspirations of the people of the state. Satellite network for these 11 channels through DD Free Dish together with increasing visibility of these channels in the regions will also give them an all-India presence.
This all India presence and accessibility to regional broadcast will help promote regional culture and give opportunities to local talent as well.
Prasar Bharati came into existence on 23.11.1997 is a statutory autonomous body established under the Prasar Bharati Act. Prasar Bharati is the Public Service Broadcaster of India.
Through the Prasar Bharati Act, the objectives of public service broadcasting are achieved by making All India Radio and Doordarshan, which earlier were working as media units under the Ministry of I&B as the constituents of Prasar Bharati.
Free Dish is the Free Direct to Home (DTH) service of Prasar Bharati for receiving TV service directly through satellite with a personal small dish antenna. DTH service does not require a local cable operator for receiving TV service at home.
Tags: Chhattisgarh • DD Free Dish • Doordarshan Channel • Goa • Haryana [HPSC]
Swachh Survekshan Awards are given by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs based on the survey which covered all urban local bodies in the country. The Survey was the largest such cleanliness survey in the world.
Swachh Survekshan Awards 2019
- Indore was adjudged India’s cleanest city for the third straight year.
- The second and third positions were clinched by Ambikapur in Chhattisgarh and Mysore in Karnataka.
- Ahmedabad has been named the cleanest big city with a population of more than ten lakh.
- Ujjain has been awarded cleanest medium city having a population between 3 lakh to 10 lakh.
- New Delhi Municipal Council area was given the ”Cleanest Small City” award.
- Uttarakhand’s Gauchar was adjudged the ”Best Ganga Town”.
- Bhopal has been named the cleanest capital.
- Raipur won the ‘Fastest Moving Big City’.
- Mathura-Vrindavan won the tag of Fastest Moving Medium City.
- Chhattisgarh has bagged the top spot in the category of best performing states. Jharkhand is at the second spot while Maharashtra is at the third.
The winners were awarded a statue of Mahatma Gandhi’s memento by the President Ram Nath Kovind.