CIRDAP Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Cabinet approved signing of an agreement between the Union Ministry of Rural Development and Centre on Integrated Rural Development for Asia and the Pacific (CIRDAP) for establishment of CIRDAP Centre at National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRD&PR), Hyderabad.
CIRDAP Centre will give NIRD&PR advantage to have first-hand knowledge of networking with organizations specialized in rural development programmes and to build a repository of institutional knowledge for NIRD&PR.
This Centre will also help NIRD&PR to enhance its status in the region through linkages with other ministries and institutes in the CIRDAP Member Countries (CMCs).
It will also work on the implementation of integrated rural development, particularly poverty alleviation programmes within CMC member countries.
- The CIRDAP is regional intergovernmental organization involved in rural development and poverty alleviation.
- It was established in July 1979 at the initiative of the countries of the Asia-Pacific region and Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the UN with support from several other UN bodies and donors.
- Headquarters: Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Mandate: Promote regional cooperation and act as a serving institution for its member countries for promotion of integrated rural development through research action, training, information dissemination etc.
- Members: So far there are 16 members. They are Afghanistan, Bangladesh (Host State), India, Indonesia, Iran, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam and Fiji. India is one of key founder members of it.