CISF Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the 50th Raising Day celebrations of Central Industrial Security Forces (CISF), at Indirapuram in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
Lauding the role of CISF in building New India by providing security to the vital institutions of the country, Prime Minister suggested the idea of starting digital museums at airports and metros, showcasing the work of CISF.
Central Industrial Security Forces
Central Industrial Security Forces (CISF) came into existence in 1969 with three battalions, to provide integrated security cover to the Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) which, in those years, occupied the commanding heights of the economy.
Over the years CISF has grown several folds to reach one lakh forty-eight thousand and three hundred seventy-one personnel today.
With the Indian economy opening up for globalisation, CISF is no more a PSU centric organisation. It has carved a niche for itself as a premier multi-skilled security agency of the country, mandated to provide security to major critical infrastructure installations of the country including those in the private sector.
Together with manning critical and vital installations of the country, CISF has also emerged as a force to reckon during disasters. CISF had played a key role during the during Kerala floods and also during Nepal and Haiti earthquake.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) created a new Guinness World Record for the longest single moving line bicycle parade at the Yamuna Expressway.
New World Record
- The world record was attempted to commemorate the 50 years of the paramilitary force CISF.
- For creating the World Record the personnel of the central force rode 1,327 bicycles non-stop with a uniform distance between bicycles in a single line.
- The bicycle parade covered 3.2 km distance non-stop.
- The CISF personnel displayed a high degree of discipline as entire formation had to keep moving, keeping in mind that the distance between two cycles should not exceed the length of three, for the world record to be broken
- The CISF broke the earlier record of Hubballi bicycle club of India which had 1,235 bicycles in a single chain.
Central Industrial Security Force
The CISF came into existence in 1969 with a modest three battalions, to provide integrated security cover to the Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) which had occupied the commanding heights of the economy in those days.
In a span of five decades, the Force has grown several folds to reach one lakh forty-eight thousand and three hundred seventy-one personnel.
With India embracing Globalization and liberalization, CISF is no longer a PSU-centric organization. Instead, it now a premier multi-skilled security agency of the country, mandated to provide security to major critical infrastructure installations of the country in diverse areas.
CISF is currently providing security cover to nuclear installations, space establishments, airports, seaports, power plants, sensitive Government buildings heritage monuments and even Private entities.