Cognitive Computing Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The world’s first robot lawyer named ‘ROSS’ has been employed by a US law firm BakerHostetler.
The first of its kind artificial intelligence (AI) lawyer will assist the law firm and its various teams in legal research. The robot was built by the company ROSS Intelligence and its working is based on cognitive computing.
The project had started in 2014 out of research at the University of Toronto to build an artificial intelligence legal research assistant to allow lawyers to enhance and scale their abilities. The ROSS started functioning with first ten months after they began teaching it bankruptcy law.
- The ‘ROSS’ robot is built upon IBM’s cognitive computer Watson.
- It will function using Watson’s cognitive computing and natural language processing capabilities.
- Lawyers can ask ROSS their research question and which it will answer by reading through the law, gathered evidence, drawn inferences.
- ROSS will also monitor the law around the clock to notify users of new court decisions that can affect a case.
- It is programmed to continually learn from the lawyers who will in turn use it to bring back better results each time.
What cognitive computer?
- Cognitive computing is the simulation of human thought processes in a computerized model. It involves self-learning systems that use pattern recognition, data mining and natural language processing to mimic the way the human brain works.
- The objective of cognitive computing is to create automated IT systems that are capable of solving problems without requiring human assistance.
- Cognitive computing systems use machine learning algorithms to continually acquire knowledge for processing desired information from the data fed into them by mining data.