Committees Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Ministry of Water Resources has constituted negotiations committee to assess availability and utilisation of waters of Mahanadi and its tributaries to resolve disputes over sharing of river waters among five states. These five states are Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Jharkhand.
The committee will be chaired by member (water planning and projects) of the Central Water Commission (CWC). It will have 11 other members comprising representatives from the state governments.
- The committee will also examine existing water sharing agreements on river Mahanadi and will consider claims of the 5 states regarding availability and utilisation of waters of these rivers.
- It has been set up with reference to complaint of State of Odisha under section 3 of the ISRWD Act, 1956 regarding utilisation of waters of Mahandi Basin.
- It will also have member representatives of Union Ministries of Agriculture, Environment, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, India Meteorological Department and CWC.
The Union Sports Ministry has constituted committee to frame comprehensive National Sports Development Code across sports disciplines. It will be headed by Injeti Srinivas, Sports Secretary.
The committee will study the existing sports governance frame work, issues relating to sports governance in the country, recent developments related to sports governance.
It will also study court judgments and international best practices and make recommendations on bringing out a comprehensive code across sports disciplines.
Members of the Committee: Abhinav Bindra (Olympian), Anju Bobby George (Olympian), Praksh Padukone, (eminent sports person), Narinder Batra (President, FIH), Nandan Kamath (Lawyer), Bishweshwar Nandi (Coach) and Vijay Lokpally (Sports Journalist).
Terms of reference of the Committee
- Identify basic universal principles of ethics and good governance based on the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Charter, international best practices.
- Study draft National Sports Development Bill, National Sports Development Code, 2011, Supreme Court and High Court judgments related to issues of good governance in administration of sports in country.
- Make specific recommendations for bringing out a comprehensive National Sports Code to address the issues of governance pertaining to the National Sports Federations and National Olympic Committee.