Communication Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
On January 17, 2020, the Indian Space Research Organization will launch GSAT-30 satellite on the launch vehicle Ariane-5. It is to be launched in Ariane Launch Complex at Kourou. Kourou is a French territory that if located along the north eastern coast of South America.
About the Mission
The GSAT-30 is a communication satellite. It is to replace INSAT-4A. The mission life of GSAT-30 is 15 years. ISRO has designed GSAT-30 in such a way to increase the number of transponders. A transponder is a device that transmits and responds to signals.
The satellite will help in supporting VSAT network, teleport services, DTH televisions services, cellular backhaul connectivity and digital news gathering services
The Indian National Satellite System was a series of geostationary satellites that were launched for telecommunications, meteorology, broadcasting and search and rescue operations. The INSAT-4A was launched in 2005 mainly for communication purposes.
Ariane Space is a commercial satellite launching organization that was founded in 1980. Since then, it has launched 23 Indian satellites. APPLE Experimental was the first Indian satellite to be launched by Ariane.
The launch centres of the organization is located in Washington D.C, Tokyo, Singapore, French Guiana and Baikonur Cosmodrome (Central Asia)
APPLE was an experimental satellite launched by India in 1981. It was the first experimental communication satellite of India. It was used for TV and radio communications. It laid the foundation for the large satellite constellation of India that included INSAT and GSAT series.
Tags: Arianespace • Communication • Communication Satellite • GSAT • Indian National Satellite System (INSAT)
The Minister of Electronics and Information Technology (MeiTY) Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad unveiled a series of new initiatives at the Start-Up Summit at New Delhi
Highlights of the summit
- The MeitY Startup Hub was launched. The Hub will facilitate the vision of the Ministry towards technology, startups, innovation and creation of intellectual properties. The Software Technology Parks of India will act as the nodal agency in implementing the scheme
- The summit aims to bring the key stake holders and startups of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT) together
- During the summit the entrepreneurs and startups will share effective techniques and strategies.
- The participators of the summit will also work together to bring in focus of venture capital and government around their processes and strategies.
Highlights of the Ministers’ speech in the event
- “Reform, Preform and Transform” are the key focus areas of the GoI
- The Transformation Technology schemes in India are playing a vital role. It includes Digital India, make in India, Startup India and Smart Cities
- The Digital Initiatives like eNam, Digital payments and eVisas have shown tremendous maturity and growth
- Around 1.25 lakh Gram Panchayats are connected to optical fiber.
- The TIDE-Technology Incubation and Development of Entrepreneurs launched in 2008 and the TIDE 2.0 version launched in June 2018 has multi prolonged approach in diverse areas like ICT, management and Electronics.