Connectivity Solutions Current Affairs - 2020
Indian Railways has launched 10 ‘Sewa Service’ trains, in a bid to improve last-mile connectivity. These Sewa Service trains will connect small towns with their closest major cities and ease the hassle of travelling for daily passengers. These trains will also help divert short distance traffic from roads to the railways.
Objective: The railways introduced Sewa Service trains to ensure congestion free roads and faster ease of movement for public.
Daily trains will be introduced between Bhubaneswar and Nayagarh town, Delhi and Shamli, Murkongselek and Dibrugarh, Coimbatore and Palani and Kota and Jhalawar city.
Other ‘Sewa Service’ trains will run from Asarya to Himmatnagar, Vadnagar to Mahesana, Karur to Salem, Yesvantpur to Tumkur and Coimbatore to Pollachi. These will run six days a week.
The biggest beneficiary in first set of launches will be Tamil Nadu, as 3 out of 10 trains to be flagged off are in Tamil Nadu and under jurisdiction of Southern Railways.
The 10 ‘Sewa service’ Trains are-
- Vadnagar to Mahesana DEMU train- It will be operational 6 days a week, and it will have commercial stoppages at all stations enroute.
- Asarva (Ahmedabad) to Himmatnagar DEMU- It will run 6 days a week, and it will have commercial stoppages at all stations enroute.
- Karur to Salem DEMU- It will run 6 days a week (except for Sundays). The train will have commercial stoppage at Mohanur, Vangal, Namakkal, Puduchatram, Rasipuram, Mallur and Kalangani.
- Murkongselek to Dibrugarh passenger train- It will be operational on all days, and it will have commercial stoppages at all stations enroute.
- Yesvantpur to Tumkur DEMU- It will run on all days (except Sundays) and will have commercial stoppages at all stations enroute.
- Delhi to Shamli daily passenger train- It will have commercial stoppages at Delhi Shahdara, Khekra, Noli, Baraut, Qasimpur Kheri, Kandhla and Baghpat Road.
- Bhubaneswar to Nayagarh Town Express- It will have stoppages at Bhubaneswar, Khurda Town, Khurda Road Jn, Rajsunakhala, Begunia, Nayagarh Town and Bolagarh Road.
- Kota to Jhalawar City Passenger train- It will have halts at Dakaniya Talav, Dadhdevi, Alniya, Dara, Kanwalpura, Ravtha Road, Ramganj Mandi Jn, Julmi and Morak.
- Palani to Coimbatore Passenger train- It will have halts at Pushpattur, Udumalaipetti, Madattukulam, Pollachi Jn, Gomangalam, Podanur and Kinattukkadavu.
- Coimbatore to Pollachi Passenger train- It will run daily (except for Sundays) and will have stoppages at Kinattukkadavu and Podanur.
Tags: Connectivity Solutions • Indian Railways • Sewa Service • Tamil Nadu [TNPSC]
NITI Aayog and ABB India have signed Statement of Intent (SoI) to help India leverage power of advanced technologies, including robotics and artificial intelligence. Under it, two parties will work towards making key sectors of Indian economy ready for digitalised future and realise potential of AI, big data and connectivity.
NITI Aayog will work with ABB across various sectors of economy, such as power and water utilities, industries like food, heavy industries and transport (rail and metro), electric mobility and infrastructure to suggest solutions for digitalization, incorporating Internet of Things (IoT) and AI technologies.
Through this SoI, NITI Aayog will facilitate participation of policymakers and government functionaries in workshops and training programs organized by ABB India. Such programs will aim to sensitize policymakers and officials about relevant AI capabilities, and explore ways they can be used for revolutionizing manufacturing productivity.
NITI Aayog and ABB will jointly work with government ministries, solicit feedback for areas critical to them and discuss solutions using industrial automation, and digitalization technologies. Based on the interactions with ABB India, NITI Aayog will also make recommendations to government ministries for guidelines and policies regarding development and adoption of AI technology in such sectors.
It is Zurich-based technology company with presence across 100+ countries and over 1.3 lakh employees. It is pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally.