Corporate Social Responsibility Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Jindal Steel and Power Ltd (JSPL) has been honoured with the prestigious ‘FICCI CSR Award’ for Women Empowerment. JSPL was awarded for its innovative and high impact women empowerment programmes, implemented by the company’s CSR Arm – JSPL Foundation, across its operational areas in the country.
FICCI CSR Award
FICCI Corporate Social Responsibility Awards were India’s first CSR awards and was instituted in 1999 by FICCI. The award aims to identify and recognize the efforts of companies in integrating and internalizing Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
Categories of the FICCI CSR Award
- FICCI CSR Award for Women Empowerment.
- FICCI CSR Award for Education, Skill Development and Livelihood.
- FICCI CSR Award for Environment Sustainability.
- FICCI CSR Award for Health, Water and Sanitation.
- Any other ( for domains other than the above four categories).
- FICCI CSR Award for Exemplary Innovation ( irrespective of the turnover of the company).
- FICCI CSR Award for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) – companies having turnover up to INR 200 Crores per annum.
Over the years, a number of companies including HPCL, ITC Limited, Mahindra & Mahindra, Cairn India, SAIL, Tata Tea, Infosys, Tata Chemicals, HINDALCO, TISCO, TELCO, Lupin, Gujarat Ambuja Cement, etc. have been recognised by the FICCI CSR Award for their exemplary work in the area of CSR.
The government of Uttarakhand has obtained the permission to develop the tulip garden over 50 hectares of forest land in Pithoragarh district at a cost of Rs 50 crore. It will be the second Tulip garden in the country after the one located in Srinagar of Jammu and Kashmir.
The Tulip Garden will be developed by ONGC, under its corporate social responsibility programme in over 50 hectares of forest land near Chandak hilltop. The site was selected under the 13 districts, 13 new destinations’ scheme, to attract more tourists to the Pithoragarh district of Uttarakhand.
13 districts 13 new destinations’ scheme
The government of Uttarakhand has launched 13 districts 13 new destinations scheme to develop 13 new destinations based on particular themes in the 13 districts of the state. The counters finalised under the scheme are shown below