Corporate social responsibility (CSR) Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Lt. Governor of Delhi Anil Baijal, inaugurated the Sahara Naval Hostel for the ‘Veer Naris’ at Vasant Kunj in New Delhi.
About Sahara Hostel Project
- It is a unique Hostel project for Naval Widows or Veer Naris.
- Objective: It aims to provide rehabilitation of Naval Widows and their families in period immediately after unfortunate demise of their husbands serving the Indian Navy.
- The Naval Regimental System office has also been co-located at hostel premises for easy onsite assistance to occupants of Sahara Hostel.
- Project By: The project is steered by Indian Navy and has been built in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) partnership with National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC). NBCC is a Government of India (GoI) Navratna Enterprise that provides civil engineering construction services.
- The Hostels are comprised of compact suites equipped with all necessary amenities for dignified living, along with a common Dining Hall and a Community Hall.
- Eligibility: Widows who have completed required period in Government accommodation after demise of their husbands only those are eligible to apply for staying in hostel for a period of one year.
- Extension: for staying beyond this period will be considered based on availability and merits of case.
- Importance: The hostel addresses a long term need felt towards rehabilitation of Naval ‘Veer Naris’ and also provides them a safe and secure environment which will help them rebuild their lives.
Tags: Corporate social responsibility (CSR) • Indian Navy • Lt. Governor of Delhi • National Buildings Construction Corporation • Naval ‘Veer Naris’ • Naval Widows • NBCC • NBCC (India) Limited • Sahara Naval Hostel
The Union Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports has revised the Scheme of Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar.
This scheme was introduced by government in 2009 to encourage involvement of corporates and sports promotion boards in the development of sports in the country.
Revised Scheme of Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar
According to the revised plan, this scheme will be given in following four categories. They are
- Identification and nurturing of budding/young talent.
- Encouragement of sports through Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
- Employment of sportspersons and sports welfare measures.
- Sports for Development.
The revised Scheme, prescribes the eligibility criteria for all four categories.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): Corporates now can spend and provide funds for promotion and development of sports from the funds earmarked for CSR.
In this regard, training to promote rural sports, nationally recognized sports, Paralympic sports and Olympic sports have been included in the Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013.
Non-governmental organizations (NGOs): In case of NGOs, who are working in promotion and development of sports, a separate category, Sports for Development has been provided for the NGOs in order to recognize their contributions.