Corporate social responsibility (CSR) Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
On November 2, 2019, the coal Ministry has announced that Coal India Limited (CIL) will produce 750 million tons of coal by the end of financial year 2020-21. It will further increase the coal production to 1 billion tons by 2023-24.
Currently CIL has a target of 660 million tons of coal production. This is 82% of country’s coal output.
- At the 45th Foundation Day of CIL, the Minister of Coal and Mines announced the above target. Also, the ministry is to boost new jobs by 10,000.
- Coal India Limited is to get associated with Jal Shakti Abhiyan to conserve water and provide treated mine water to the populace in and around mining areas.
- Under the Corporate Social Responsibility the CIL will participate in Tuberculosis Eradication Programme of GoI and will help eradicate the disease in and around mining areas.
- As the demand for power is rising steeply, there is enough opportunity for both government and private sectors to produce coal without adversely impacting each other.
- With government’s recent decision of 100% FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) in coal sector, the coal import will be greatly minimized.
Tags: Coal • Coal India • Coal India Limited • Coal Ministry • coal sector
Lt. Governor of Delhi Anil Baijal, inaugurated the Sahara Naval Hostel for the ‘Veer Naris’ at Vasant Kunj in New Delhi.
About Sahara Hostel Project
- It is a unique Hostel project for Naval Widows or Veer Naris.
- Objective: It aims to provide rehabilitation of Naval Widows and their families in period immediately after unfortunate demise of their husbands serving the Indian Navy.
- The Naval Regimental System office has also been co-located at hostel premises for easy onsite assistance to occupants of Sahara Hostel.
- Project By: The project is steered by Indian Navy and has been built in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) partnership with National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC). NBCC is a Government of India (GoI) Navratna Enterprise that provides civil engineering construction services.
- The Hostels are comprised of compact suites equipped with all necessary amenities for dignified living, along with a common Dining Hall and a Community Hall.
- Eligibility: Widows who have completed required period in Government accommodation after demise of their husbands only those are eligible to apply for staying in hostel for a period of one year.
- Extension: for staying beyond this period will be considered based on availability and merits of case.
- Importance: The hostel addresses a long term need felt towards rehabilitation of Naval ‘Veer Naris’ and also provides them a safe and secure environment which will help them rebuild their lives.