Cricket Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Cricketers Ajinkya Rahane and Rohit Sharma were conferred with the Arjuna Award for their contributions to sport of cricket.
The award was bestowed upon them by Union Sports Minister Vijay Goel in New Delhi. Sharma was bestowed with the award for the year 2015 and Rahane for the year 2016.
Earlier, both were not able to receive awards from the President Pranab Mukherjee as they were participating in international tournaments.
About Arjuna Award
- The award was was instituted in 1961. It is given by Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
- It is bestowed upon sportsperson in recognition of their outstanding achievement in National sports.
- The award carries bronze statuette of Arjuna, a scroll and a monetary award of 5 lakh rupees.
Gautam Gambhir-led India Blue has won the inaugural day/night 2016-17 Duleep Trophy Cricket tournament played with a pink ball. The 2016–17 was 55th season of Duleep Trophy.
In the final match held in Greater Noida, India Blue defeated India Red, captained by Yuvraj Singh, by a massive 355 runs.
Ravinder Jadeja, who bagged 5 wickets in the second innings, finished the game with a 10-wicket haul. Cheteshwar Pujara was named player of the match.
About Duleep Trophy
- The Duleep Trophy is a domestic first-class cricket tournament played between teams representing geographical zones of India. The Tournament was instituted in 1961-62 by BCCI.
The tournament is named after Kumar Shri Duleepsinhji of Nawanagar. It was contested by three teams, namely India Red, India Blue and India Green.
- In June 2016, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) had changed the feature of tournament featuring day/night matches and to be played with pink ball.