Cricket Current Affairs - 2020
Tamil Nadu won the 2017 Vijay Hazare Trophy of cricket for record fifth time defeating Bengal. Earlier Tamil Nadu has won the trophy in 2002–03, 2004-05, 2008–09 and 2009–10 seasons.
In the final match played at the Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium (New Delhi) they defeated Bengal by 37 runs. It was Tamil Nadu’s third victory over Bengal in the final of this competition.
Opting to bat first, Tamil Nadu had set target of 217, riding on a century by Dinesh Karthik who had made 112. In reply, they bundled out Bengal for 180 in 45.5 overs. For Tamil Nadu Aswin Crist, Rahil Shah and M. Mohammad took 2 wickets each. Karthik was named man of the match.
About Vijay Hazare Trophy
- It is annual limited-overs cricket domestic competition started in 2002–03.
- It is played among state teams from the Ranji Trophy plates.
- It is also known as the Ranji One Day Trophy, named after the famous Indian cricketer Vijay Hazare.
Tags: Bengal • Cricket • National • Sports • Tamil Nadu [TNPSC]
The BCCI Awards are a set of annual cricket awards given by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). These awards in various categories recognise and honour the best Indian international and domestic cricketers of the past year. The awards were first given in 2006–07.
Recipients of 2015-16 BCCI Awards are
- CK. Nayudu Lifetime achievement award: Padmakar Shivalkar, Rajinder Goel.
- BCCI Lifetime achievement award: Shantha Rangaswamy.
- BCCI special award: Late Ramakant Desai, VV Kumar.
- Polly Umrigar Award: Virat Kohli. For third time, he was conferred with this award after 2011-12 and 2014-15 season.
- Lala Amarnath Award for the best all-rounder in the Ranji Trophy: Jalaj Saxena (Madhya Pradesh).
- Lala Amarnath Award for the best all-rounder in domestic limited-overs competitions: Axar Patel of (Gujarat).
- Madavrao Scindin Award Highest scorer in the Ranji Trophy: Shreyas Iyer (Mumbai).
- Madavrao Scindin Award Highest wicket-taker in the Ranji Trophy: Shahbaz Nadeem (Jharkhand).
- A. Chidambaram Trophy Highest scorer in (U-23): Jay. G. Bosta (Mumbai).
- A. Chidambaram Trophy Highest wicket-taker in (U-23): Satyajeet Bachhav (Maharashtra).
- NKP Salve Award Highest scorer in (U-19): Arman Jaffer (Mumbai).
- NKP Salve Award Highest wicket-taker in (U-19): Ninad Rathva (Baroda).
- Raj Singh Dungarpur Award Highest scorer in (U-16): Abhishek Sharma (Punjab).
- Raj Singh Dungarpur Award Highest wicket-taker in (U-16): Abhishek Sharma (Punjab).
- Jagmohan Dalmiyra Award (Best Woman cricketer (Sr.): Mithali Raj (Railways).
- Jagmohan Dalmiyra Award (Best Woman cricketer (Jr.): Deepti Sharma (Uttar Pradesh).
- Best Umpire in Domestic cricket: Nitin Menon.
- Best performance in BCCI Domestic tournaments: Mumbai Cricket Association.