Crime and Criminal Tracking Network System (CCTNS) Project Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Himachal Pradesh government has launched Crime and Criminal Tracking Network System (CCTNS) Project in the state.
This project will enable the State Police to raise the benchmark of professional efficiency besides catching interstate criminals more quickly.
It was launched by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh from State Police Headquarters in Shimla.
About Crime and Criminal Tracking Network System (CCTNS) Project
- CCTNS project is funded by the Union government with budget of Rs. 19 Crore.
- Himachal Pradesh is the first state in India to launch this project prepared by the Union Home Ministry after Mumbai attack of 26/11.
- CCTNS project will connect 177 sites and 114 police stations in the state besides13 district headquarters, 26 sub-divisional police officers and three police ranges headed by IPG rank officers with state crime records bureau.
- It will also connect CID crime branch, 14 control rooms, finger print bureau, forensic science laboratory, 16 CCTNS training centres including state data centre and data recovery centre.
- CCTNS project will also provide multiple channels to access citizen-centric services and online access for registering petitions on real-time basis.