CRPF Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Republic Day parade held at Rajpath every year is one of the largest parades of the world. The parade marches from Rashtrapati Bhawan along Rajpath until India Gate. This year the parade has certain events to express the woman power in the defence sector.
In 2020 republic day parade, Tania Shergil becomes the first woman officer to lead all-men contingent. The Contingent was commissioned in March 2017 from Officer Training Academy, Chennai.
First Women CRPF Bikers
All women biker contingent of the Central Reserve Police Force will make their debut showcasing daredevil stunts at the Republic Day parade. The team consists of 65 women CRPF personnel and will display their acrobatic skills on Royal Enfield Bullet motorcycles.
The Contingent is to be commanded by inspector of Rapid Action Force. Rapid Action Force is an anti-riot combat unit of Central Reserve Police Force. CRPF is the world’s largest paramilitary forces with more than 3.25 lakh personnel.
Other firsts of woman power
The CRPF raised the first all women battalion in Asia region in 1986. In 2018, the an all women bikers team of the Border Security Force made a similar debut. In 2015, an all women marching contingents of navy, army and air force debuted the national parade.
Tags: Border Security Force • CRPF • India Gate • Rajpath Lawns • Rashtrapathi Bhavan
PM Modi inaugurated the Technology Demonstration Site at Kevadia, Gujarat on October 31, 2019. The inauguration was a part of the National Unity Day celebrations that commemorates the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhai Patel.
The security personnel showcased different technologies being used by them in the event.
- The site consisted of displays of police and paramilitary forces.
- It showcased various modern technologies that included lethal and non-lethal arms
- CRPF, CISF, BSF, NSG and other State Police contingents displayed their modern technology centering on various themes like modernization of forces, aviation security, digital initiatives, etc
- The Ministry of Home Affairs introduced the initiative of “112”, one number for all emergencies
- There were also stalls that displayed gallantry medals and honors received by CRPF-Central Reserve Police Force personnel.
- There were also exhibitions by Gujarat Police showcasing Vishwas project
- The theme of CISF-Central Industrial Security Force was centered on integrating modern technology with a focus on faster and efficient facial recognition technology at airports
- The NSG-National Security Guards showcased modern security kits, remote controlled vehicles and equipment and modern weaponry.