CRZ Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has launched the web portal for obtaining Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) clearances.
The portal is a web-based system for obtaining clearances required from the Ministry under the (CRZ) by the Project proponents for ease of doing business.
- The objectives of the web portal are (i) Enhance efficiency, transparency and accountability in the process of CRZ clearances (ii) Enhance responsiveness through workflows and availability of real-time information on the status of CRZ clearance proposals (iii) ease of business and convenience of citizens in accessing information and services; standardised procedures and processes across Central and State levels.
- The user-friendly portal enables submission of applications for CRZ clearance in a single-window interface and facilitates quick flow of information related to CRZ clearances.
- It will enable the project proponents and the concerned State/UT bodies like the State Coastal Zone Management Authorities (SCZMAs) and Town/ Municipal Planning agencies to track status of their proposals.
- The system is based on web architecture, similar to the existing systems of the ministry for environmental and forest clearances.
About Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ)
- CRZ is the zone along the coastal stretches of seas, bays, estuaries, creeks, rivers and backwaters along the coastline specially demarcated for regulated development activity.
- The demarcated zone consists of coastal stretches influenced by tidal action (in the landward side) upto 500 metres from the High Tide Line (HTL) and the land between the Low Tide Line (LTL) and the HTL.
- The regulations in this zone are governed by the Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ), 2011 issued under the under Section 3 of the Environment Protection Act, 1986.
- In this zone, Government imposes restrictions on setting up and expansion of industries or other projects. It is mandatory for getting clearances from ministry and local authorities to start any development project in CRZ.